How to get to Exit Glacier from Seward?

tempoct

Hi,

Let's see if this is possible. Right after we get off the ship (says HAL) in Seward, I'd like to go to a quick walk on Exit Glacier. It does not seem to be too far. Then, get back and catch Renown 11:30am cruise tour.

What's good transportation from the ship to Exit glacier? What about the return? Where can I drop off/ deposit my luggage? I will later on travel by train to ANC (6p).

How long does the hike last? 2 hrs max?

Still planning :)

tempoct

Hi,

Let's see if this is possible. Right after we get off the ship (says HAL) in Seward, I'd like to go to a quick walk on Exit Glacier. It does not seem to be too far. Then, get back and catch Renown 11:30am cruise tour.

What's good transportation from the ship to Exit glacier? What about the return? Where can I drop off/ deposit my luggage? I will later on travel by train to ANC (6p).

How long does the hike last? 2 hrs max?

Still planning :)

tempoct

If you request early debarkation (or walk off when they start calling colors) then Exit Glacier is 'doeable'! I would try to get off by 8am so you're not rushed. I've contacted PJ's Taxi for our stay in Seward in May and they seem great to work with!

My advice is to give them a call. I found their contact info by doing a google search for PJ+Seward. Fromer's had their phone number-a pretty good recommendation right there since Fromer's is so well known!

There is a taxi courtesy phone on the wall next to the bathrooms in the cruise ship terminal and/or walk out the terminal door and there should be taxis waiting.Drop off your luggage at the train depot on the way to Exit Glacier.Set a pick up time with your driver to return.(no phones-and cells won't work,but lots of water:))Average time is 2 hours to do both upper and lower loop trails but that is totally up to you on how long you want there. It's about 3/4 mile paved walk to the face. Exit Glacier is 13 miles from town, so allow 15-20 mins travel time in each direction. You should have plenty of time to see the glacier and maybe even a bear or moose before your wildlife cruise.

Archived