Has anyone stayed in Penthouse 912 on Quest.

Seacap

We are booked in Penthouse 912.Have never sailed in a suite so far forward and so high.My wife is not a great sailor. I'm wondering if it will be to much motion since there are several sea days in northern latitudes.

Second question is the location of the suite convenient for getting around on the ship.Seems the only thing close is Observation Lounge and the Sky Bar.Thanks for your advice and input.

A few years ago we stayed in the furthest forward 9th deck Odyssey PH, I think it was 912, which I think is identical to that on Quest. Heard nothing from the nearby bridge. It was fine, stable, but we were in quiet waters between Greece and Turkey. Do not know how it would be in northern latitudes with a storm.

The ship is so small that getting to whatever your destination is is not hard. I loved being near Observation Lounge to get early AM coffee.

Internet was poor, away from routers, so I was instructed to go to SB Square to be able to use it.

We had 912 on Odyssey on the 2018 westbound transatlantic crossing.

It was very quiet.  There were occasional comings and goings from the officers on the bridge and any family staying in those offices cabins, but they were incredibly quiet.

We loved that location and would take it again in a heartbeat.

I did not notice issues with the internet.

The only warning I’d issue is that the bridge has a view of the edge of your veranda should someone be on the fisheye side of the bridge!

Edited by jenidallas

IMO, # 912 should be really fine. We had 923 (Odyssey) and it was really quiet and then 1016 (also Odyssey, also higher up) and it was great. Granted, we were in the Caribbean (but it gets windy there). As others have said - nice company and location there. It was also easy to get early morning tea from the Observation Bar. Also, we always take the stairs and it was very easy and convenient to get up/down/around the ship (plus, climbing up after the various meals was a win/win in our minds). We never had motion problems (at least to my knowledge). Overall, I believe that you will enjoy the location.

jdk

We were in 913 which is a oddly positioned veranda suite opposite 912.....we found it perfect. We loved being near the Observation bar for early morning coffee etc which was just one flight up and one flight down to the Patio Grill and bar. The only minor issue was we had to think a little when we wanted to get to the other end of the ship, if it is raining or windy it is best to go down to 7/6/5/4 and walk across inside the ship to where you want to be rather than walk outside along the deck, of course if you are on a warm weather cruise a short stroll along the deck is rather pleasant at any time.

As for motion we found very little difference from any other deck we have stayed on.........remember Quest is basically a small ship.

I would not give any further thought to the position...............spend any "concern" time looking forward to a fabulous vacation!

Many thanks to all the ship mates. Everyone's info and advice is welcomed you have made me feel better about our next Seabourn cruise.Hopefully we all will be able to cruise again in a non covid world.