Belize - Private Tour snorkel & beach

MN Cruisers

Did anyone else see the review from someone who went to belize and booked through a private vendor a trip where they went to a private island and the guide and this person setup the entire day? I can't seem to find it as we're heading to belize in late march. If anyone had seen it or ran across it lately, please let me know:)

Thanks!

35 days to go until our March 25 cruise on the Carnival Legend!

• 2 weeks later...

TravelWorks had a very long description of a tour she took - it must have been deleted. I think because of the great detail that she went into it sounded like she may have been working for the company. :p

Anyway - she has a posting in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=250284&highlight=tom+*********

She also lists her email address as cruisephotos.gmail.com and has said that if anyone needs more info to contact her.

Boy - I must have way too much time on my hands this morning. :)

Diane

Yep a girl from Utah with 6 kids has time to work for a company out of Belize???:p

This is funny to me...

I barely get time to actually travel.:rolleyes:

But,

After 4 time to Belize via cruises and being an avid snorkeler/diver...I guess I am pretty detailed in my reviews...

I am also going to Belize for a week in December...for a land based vacation...I know.... hard to beat a cruise...but I really want to spend more time there and my husband is a dive master....so we have lots more places we are going to be exploring along the reef and at the atolls....

Anyhow...

If you need info please feel free to email me about the different snorkel sites. I don't always see these posts. BUt I try to look at least twice a week

cruisephotos@gmail.com

I am on other boards too..if you can catch me...

I am as big of a cc fan.... as I am a cruiser!

Take care,

Amy

aka Travelworks

no joke - this was the best best day! I read the review from travelworks, and took their advice - I contacted

cavetubing@yahoo.com

marvin arranged for 7 of us a private boat - snorkeling - and caye caulker for the day -

the only word is fabulous!!!! unbelievable!

Marvin fixed us up with Natalie (tour guide) and Wayne (driver) - fabulous!

we had 3 teen girls - 4 adults - she showed us things I have never seen snorkeling - took great care with the teens, and 1 of the guys freaked out a little because of snorkeling and the coral - and she was right there - helping - and keeping an eye on him every step of the way!! I cannot say enough about how she made the day the best ever -

we then went and snorkeled with sting rays and SHARKS! (very cool) - and we were right in there - holding them (not the sharks - but she did) - greta everything!

Lunch was on the island and 2 of us ate fish eyes! you wouldn't understand - this is the coolest thing and I guess - something normal on the island! But I have never eaten a fish eye! :p haha!

you have to book through them - after 8 cruises - this was the best ever! I am going to write up on a separate string!

Thank you travel works! - you gave us the lead o this - and it was worth the $$$$

if you want $$ info - you can e-mail me at

markpfuehler@aol.com

thanks! :D

Captncrunch - I hope you booked the trip - it was fabulous!

If you did - ask for Natalie to be your guide - you will not be sorry! It was outstanding!

:p

If you want details or ?'s - let me know - markpfuehler@aol.com

Would be happy to answer any!

As I stated before they will not book a private tour unless you have 15 people. The only other tour they offer is through thier web site and you can not deviate from the schedule.

We just returned from the southern Caribbean yesterday and we are already looking at where to go next March! We love to snorkel so finding ports with good, private, professional, small snorkeling trips is part of what we use to decide on an itinerary.

What is the name of this company?

Do they have a website?

How big is the boat? What type of boat?

How many people are on each trip?

Would the snorkeling sites be good for children (ages 7 - 12)

When did you take your trip?

Any first hand information you have would be great! Thanks.

We know we will have 5 people, but we may have as many as 10 - 12 in our group.

We went two years ago and just walked to town and rented a boat and driver. I think it was about $30 pp. They took us to shark alley and then to cay cauker where we ate lunch at a resturant and walked around the town. the place you get the boat is in the middle of town about 3block inland from the pier. it is where you can get a water taxie. had a great time,

Archived