Current Windjammer, Ice Cream, and Kids Meals

For those who have cruised the last couple months. I have read the following changes:

Windjammer not self serve

Possible reservations required 

Only half the buffet open

Only breakfast and lunch open

I guess my question is, has the food options for the buffet changed? Less variety? I have a very picky eater. Does breakfast still have French toast, waffles, AND a variety of pancake types?

Can anyone post or direct me to a post with the dining room kids meal for dinner?

Ice cream....not self serve I hear but are they pretty flexible with how you want it? Like, if I take them a cup from the dining room to use to make a milkshake, will they fill it with Ice Cream? Do they let you choose how much ice cream or do they just give standard cones and you need to come back if you want more?

Thank you!

Nothing has changed as far as the varity of food in the Windjammer. You can find all the main dining room menus in the app, including childrens menus, and you can get all the ice cream you want, either on a cone or a bowl, if you bring the bowl.

• Like 1

I cruised the end of August. Only half of the Windjammer was open but then again with such a reduced number of passengers there was plenty of room in the half that was open and a large variety of food to choose from. The crew does serve you.  I don’t know about the breakfast selections because I always ordered room service for breakfast.  We only went to the Windjammer for lunch and they are not open for dinner. 

• Like 1