Allergies and Travel

RhondaPerr

Hi,

Since there seems to be someone knowlegeable about just about every question posted on this board, I thought I would see if someone shares my allergy problems.

I have some spice and some serious food allergies which can result in my throat closing. I am careful about what I eat and have become very assertive finding out how the food is made. I am cruising in Europe this summer, and wonder with the cruise tours that include meals if there is any flexibility in the choices. If I were to ask for something plain, no spices other than salt, pepper, garlic, will that be possible?

In the past it wasn't a big deal because the tours were only 4 hours at the most, but since many exceed 8 hours I can't go that long without eating. I have thought about having the ship pack something for me, but many places will not allow backpacks, and that just doesn't seem like a good option.. power bars don't do it for me.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

I would fax my special needs 60 days prior to boarding. When boarding I would meet with the maitre'd and have a copy of my fax with me. If necessary, I would then request a meeting with the Food and Beverage manager. My waiters have been very good in attending to my dietary restrictions.

Archived