Carnival Valor Live*/Solo/B2B 11/6-11/11/21 & 11/11-11/15/2021

JRL81

60608180-0372-4C91-A118-6D2BD80E3DD6.jpeg.bcc6233ebc58fedbeaaa50a8481a4639.jpeg

Happy Sunday everyone!!! In cleaning mode today so I don’t have to do it before leaving and getting ready for all the little ghosts, ghouls, and other kiddos tonight! Can’t believe we are almost there!!! 3!! Three.. Tres.. more works days and then I will be on my way to relaxation, sun and fun!!! 

Im going to make my way to the local sonic This evening and take advantage of this…

280DD108-F645-4926-9871-605B5D90DBC6.thumb.png.5eae45d85ba8916e25cebe91b3247e9e.png

They do this every year and I always over indulge.. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ $2-3.00 worth of these and I will be ready to watch a little football tonight!!! 

~Jay~

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 4

And just as planned I have my test scheduled and backup and a backup to my backup… I may have to pay for one of these if insurance throws a buddy but I doubt they will.. since I’m doing one of each on the same day for confirmation… I also have my Abbott at home test in my backpack… 

97F04E3B-0CCD-4538-A1C2-5D082CB55E06.png

64D46D74-6167-4273-87DD-769266AA930E.png
So I will do the PCR first then the rapid on my way to airport… I don’t want to chance a false positive.

~Jay~

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 1

I am hopeful that this day will go smoothly and I can get caught up and ahead on some of the paperwork that I know will be awaiting my return after being gone for so long. First of the month usually means reconciliation, bills, etc. but the boss lady is doing that herself today... It's almost like she is setting me up for something or getting ready to ask for something... Nah she is just trying to ease the burden so I can get all of this done before Wednesday.  

This morning meeting was short, sweet, and to the point... field agents all are out and about and checked in via phone (in other words they ain't left the house yet!), Boss man was with us via zoom as he had a sick kiddo and his wife works for the school easier for him to work from home. Which leaves, me, the boss lady, our clerk, and someone in the mapping department. Other than rehashing points from end of week, everyone is on the same projects so we were done in 10 minutes. I think it took longer for everyone to check-in than it did for the actual meeting...

I'll spend this morning entering the minutes from the meeting, filing them and sending them out. Also, catch up on mail that was left over the weekend... If I keep myself busy this will fly by and we will closer to that call of the flight crew... "now boarding flight..."

~Jay~ 

• Like 5

On 10/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, JRL81 said:

Online Check-in, Setup, Questionnaires

Since I am but a lowly “GOLD” VIFP, I had to wait for my online check-in until the 23rd, midnight on Thursday worked just as well lol, and the 28th for the second leg. The process has changed some as many will note but the end game is the same as you just have a few extra questions to answer to get that all clear and all checked in. It was rather quick and painless in my opinion. I did notice for the first time, it has been a while since I cruised out of NOLA, that we were given the option to “speed up” the boarding and check-in process with facial recognition. Now, I am all about that if it makes life easier, it definitely sped up and improved the process in Miami so if it is just as officiant here I will give major kudo’s to the staff at the Port of New Orleans. I was somewhat surprised to not be asked to upload a picture of my passport… But, seeing as how opted into the facial recognition it might now be need. You are now asked to read not only your cruise contract but also the COVID disclaimers, another addition, and to decide how to set up your onboard account. As always I will be using the cash option, as I have a good bit of onboard credit and a few gift cards to apply so I am set. I will of course have cash to put on but I don’t see myself blowing through that much. All in all it took MAYBE 5-6 minutes each time I had to do this. It was literarily one of the easiest ones I have done even pre-Rona…

~Jay~

I assume facial recognition will be offered for Glory in February, I'm all for anything that will get me onboard faster!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I assume facial recognition will be offered for Glory in February, I'm all for anything that will get me onboard faster!

This is all new to me, so I hope it is the "real deal" and not just the mass mail that everyone has to fill out.. I.E. everyone fills it out but it is only set up at select ports... But I will find out on Saturday!!!

~Jay~

• Like 2

These days can not go by fast enough!!! Yesterday was a day I would rather forget than complain about... It was one of those days where I wanted to come home, build a blanket fort, grab my crayons and a bottle of bourbon and hide until the shaking stopped... Ok.. maybe I am being a little melodramatic.. but it was a nasty day. BUT, we move on and put one foot in front of the other as we are 1 day closer to busting outta this joint!!!

image.jpeg.fbe00be9f3e3530034a8271a41f0b100.jpeg

• Like 5

Wanted to get a good start to my day so I left the house EXTRA early and stopped for a sit down breakfast at one of my locat haunts... Potato, egg, bean, bacon, and cheese... delicious!!!

images.jpg.8233738bc21441df2e99cba0fc62ae9b.jpg

after filling my belly I hit the road to the office... I was early enough that I beat the riff raff (the construction struggle is real ya'll), they hadn't set up set so I just scooted on by like I didn't see them!! Great start to my day!! I even made it to the office early!! 

image.jpeg.3e2e1a4382d0539fadb4607568cae488.jpeg

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Yum!!! Breakfast Tacos! 

Is your last day of work today or tomorrow? 

Tomorrow will be the last day for 12 blissful days!!! I will have to drag my carcass back to the office the day after we return😬

• Like 6

Earlier this afternoon I got the email from carnival about the 72 hour health assessment.. clicked and followed the link to my planner and nothing was there.. GREEEEEAAAAAAT!!! Of course we got slammed 10 minutes till doors closing and I had to put it in the back burner.

I got home went through my evening ritual check the mail, ponder dinner, make a cuppa, still nothing in my planner.. Once I had dinner cooked and consumed (nothing too photo worthy) I the dishes done and flipped in the Stros game and BAM I had a wellness survey! For those that haven’t seen one yet here’s what’s new.97E1B05C-6534-4A1A-915A-F62B5865B702.thumb.jpeg.ba5445b0de05eaa044ad958d97557f9f.jpeg41EFC61C-536C-4F93-9005-86E49AC6CC29.thumb.png.73f14c9bcedb1eb9207ca002d3471e10.png70D52233-57BE-4FE8-9534-47632D203953.thumb.jpeg.588348828817452e82839f89cacccfd8.jpeg

It takes a total of 2 minutes.. easy peasy 

• Like 4

It's finally here... After all the frustration, tears, cursing, feet stomping... well you get the picture 😂🤣😂 the last day of work has finally arrived!!! I snuck in this morning early and avoided eye contact with anyone that could throw shade on my mood and/or add to my work load this morning. I just have to make it until the clock on the wall hits the magic numbers. 

After debating and researching I have decided to leave here with as much dignity as possible. So, I will be forgoing a dance out the door this afternoon after all... In practice it looked like a cross between Carlton, Elaine, and someone having a seizure... Not something I want to be remembered for on the day I leave for what pretty much amounts to half of the month... Buy ya never know I might just do it for that reason...

~Jay~

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

It's finally here... After all the frustration, tears, cursing, feet stomping... well you get the picture 😂🤣😂 the last day of work has finally arrived!!! I snuck in this morning early and avoided eye contact with anyone that could throw shade on my mood and/or add to my work load this morning. I just have to make it until the clock on the wall hits the magic numbers. 

After debating and researching I have decided to leave here with as much dignity as possible. So, I will be forgoing a dance out the door this afternoon after all... In practice it looked like a cross between Carlton, Elaine, and someone having a seizure... Not something I want to be remembered for on the day I leave for what pretty much amounts to half of the month... Buy ya never know I might just do it for that reason...

~Jay~

35 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

~Jay~

Congrats!  Leaving from work that last day knowing what you have in store is almost the most gratifying part of the trip.  Have safe travels and I will be following along.😃

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmklade said:

Congrats!  Leaving from work that last day knowing what you have in store is almost the most gratifying part of the trip.  Have safe travels and I will be following along.😃

Thank you!! It is a very satisfying and gratifying to know that all I have worked for, planned for, etc. is coming to pass!!! I hope you enjoy and that I bring some entertainment value as well as impart some of my knowledge while doing so! 

~Jay~

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, SummerRoze said:

I'm excited to be following your trip. I spent the day catching up on the thread, and it looks like it was just in time for your vacation to start! I appreciate the details of everything you're sharing, thanks so much.

You're very welcome! It's fun to share everything and will be around for me to have to look back on later. Plus I enjoy letting everyone see things from my point of view and through my eyes. So I hope you hang around and enjoy what is to come!

~Jay~

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

You're very welcome! It's fun to share everything and will be around for me to have to look back on later. Plus I enjoy letting everyone see things from my point of view and through my eyes. So I hope you hang around and enjoy what is to come!

~Jay~

Awesome 👌 👏 👍🏼 

Looking forward to what's to come.

Can't wait for mine🤪 November 28th. Darn it seems so far. New Orleans here comes Jay. He's making a path for me 😁

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

The best day at work is the last day before vacation! I hope you got vidoe ont he happy dance out the door 🤣

I went from “elf” to “grinch”!!!! Lol needless to say my east day was anything but 4 meetings and 2 conference calls later I moved like Eeyore getting to my car! I literally drove home in silence no radio no nothing!!! Wondering ***** just happened?!?! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The weather today should have been a clue.. as to how today was going to go but alas I wanted to make the best of it! I’m home now going back over my packing and taking out this and that I trimmed it down to one checked bag and my backpack… I’m happy with that. It is currently cold and raining and I think it’s going to be a quick sandwich and chips dinner to avoid a clean up I don’t want to brave the weather to try and get something else!

• Like 1

This afternoon I was able to checkin with southwest. There process is simplistic and easy to follow.. acknowledge you have to where a mask and haven’t had the Rona.. that’s it click accept and presto checked in board pass in my app with all the info.. easy peasy took less time than checking in with Carnival!!!

It’s finally starting to set in that this vacation is going to happen and I can let myself relax… as previously stated once I clocked out it was time to decompress and enter “vaca” mode! No stress, no rushing, just the island time go easy mentality from here until that plane lands back at AUS on the 15th.

after so long with out having the ability to travel I welcome all the little things I use to worry and complain about. It means we are living life again. The crowds, the noise, the food, the music, yes even delays sitting in airports (god forbid) it’s part of the experience, part of the memories made. Something that will be with me always documented here and through photos. I welcome it, I can not wait for the adventure to come. 

~Jay~

• Like 7

I grabbed all my maps I had for Cozumel, Costa Maya, and New Orleans.. I’m not as artistic and able to draw maps as good as some of our fellow cruisers.. but I can work a mean marker board pen… So that what we roll with!!

F5F3CE50-62F5-496A-8FAE-D5FD9C96D0A6.thumb.jpeg.ed1750b7c3774a17c6bcd6e0580e0160.jpeg

these maps are back to back also so there is more than it seems.

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 3