Port of Miami car rental?

w8ing2cruz

Can we get off the ship and rent a car for one day, returning it to FLL. Our flight does not leave until 8:30 on debarkation day and we don't want to sit in the airport all day. I'm assuming I should make arrangements for this prior to? Thanks.

The rental cars in Florida are really reasonable. We have a mini-van (for 6) reserved at $44 per day with a drop off in a different city. You can probably get a smaller vehicle for at least $15 a day less. I believe you have to have a rental agreement in order for the rental car shuttle to pick you up at the post. Although, I really don't remember about MIAMI, just Fort Lauderdale. There is basically no drop off charge within the state of Florida. I booked my with Travelocity because they were cheaper and they don't charge your charge, you just present it when you pick up the car.

We are doing the same thing. We are renting through Avis. Their downtown location is 1 mile from the port. We got a SUV for $48.00 pick up in Miami drop of at FLL. Can't complain!! :D I'll post about it when we get back.

Stay away from Payless though. Earlier this month actually took the car back and walked over to Budget. Stay with the Alamos, Budget, National type places ... they have excellent facilities, pick ups at the airport, and clean, new cars. Payless was about the opposite on all counts.

Archived