Conquest Restaurants

galvezhome

We may be going on the conquest this summer and I saw there was a few restaurants or different places to eat besides the dinning rooms and the lido. Can you tell me about the fish and chips, asian cookery, and deli... do they cost extra, what do they serve and are they any good? Thanks!:)

We may be going on the conquest this summer and I saw there was a few restaurants or different places to eat besides the dinning rooms and the lido. Can you tell me about the fish and chips, asian cookery, and deli... do they cost extra, what do they serve and are they any good? Thanks!:)

They are free. I haven't tried the Asian place but fish & chips & deli are good. The only place you will pay extra to eat is the Supper Club & a coffee place that sells slices of cakes, chocolate covered strawberries etc.

Conquest deli has delicious sandwiches, best tuna sandwiches I've ever eaten. There's also a Chinese specialty place on lido deck right before you get into the buffet line. My niece tried this & said it was wonderful. There's also a sea food buffet which I haven't tried, but prior posts on this board report that is delicious. Also there's great pizza out by the back pool, I believe. Very good pizza! Room service also has a small selection of really good food. There is no extra charge for any of the above. The Pointe is a reservations only restaurant with an extra charge, but I've never tried it.

GalvezHome, are you a resident of Galveston? I am guessing because of your name. If so, it must be a wonderful treat to get to see those cruise ships everyday. I once drove all the way from San Antonio to Galveston just to watch the Celebration leave port. I bet some of the locals are just consumed with the cruising bug. I know I would be!! :)

MeLuvDaSea::: No we're not from galveston but actually tulsa, ok! We've be going to galveston on vacations for about 15 years its like are home away from home!! We drive down there at least twice a year either for galveston or cruising. Conquest will be our 7th cruise from galveston.

Thanks for the info everyone, can't wait!!!:) :)

All are free except the supper club and coffee bar. The sushi bar is free although I haven't tried it I hear it is pretty good. The fish and chips are really good too, and they have more to offer than just that- I believe there was calamari and tuna as well. I visited the deli almost everyday for a ruben sandwich. The pizza is a good quick snack too. I did try the Asian station, though I vaguely remember it as we had it after we returned from Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel. Other people in my gorup said it was good. Also check out the grill for burger and hot dogs. I had always seen it on other cruises but never tried it until last year- i was missing out cause they serve up really great burgers. They also have themed buffets during the afternoon, try to catch those-- the chocolate buffet was fun!

Archived