General Question

mands

Can anyone say what the gym is like? :confused: Are the treadmills any good and also what's the jogging track like, I can't imagine it being very long?

Thanks!

Not that I used them.. But the gym looks quite good. On both the Sun & Star it is overlooking the Lido pool. The jogging track goes around the funnel and I think is 1/4 mile. It looks long enough that you don't feel like you are running in small circles. For me it was enough to be going up and down the stairs and walking around the ship...

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Can anyone say what the gym is like? :confused: Are the treadmills any good and also what's the jogging track like, I can't imagine it being very long?

Thanks!

mands, DH used the running track on the Sky and you've got to do a few extra laps but he thought it was fine. Did the job:p Also because of where it is you do get a bit wind blown. He used the gym also and it was good. There equipment was in very good order:) The only thing we didn't use was the spa.

Kerri

Thanks for that, will probably use the treadmill mainly and try the jogging track just for fun. Was there anything wrong with the spa then?:confused:

Might be just me, but the spa on the Sky was kind of ruined by the rocking of the ship, making it seem more like a wave pool than a spa. Ruining any relaxation you could have hoped for.

Thanks!

The treadmills om the sun are good they have a little tv screen on each one and headphones so you can watch whatever channel you want to. They had a good range of free weights and lat pulldown machine and a couple of fitballs. Also the classes they do on the sundeck are fun. They have different ones in the afternoons and mornings. Circuits, aerobics, ABT in the afternoons. Yoga and pilates in the mornings and you could do a walk a mile class in the morning around the ship up and down the stairs. Its all really fun to do.

That sounds great then, I might actually give yoga a go, I normally only do sweaty stuff. We have a Run on in early April and want to keep up to some sort of training while we are away, though it wont take over the holiday. I was hoping they would have some good classes on. I was wondering if everyone would be thinking I was mad for wanting to do exercise on holidays and wouldn't get many responses, but everyone has been quite helpful!:D

Sorry forgot about the $10 for yoga and pilates. I paid $50 to do unlimited yoga and pilates classes. The afternoon ones are free and there was always about 6 -8 people there, usually the same people every day. I also wanted to maintain a fit level as I exercise every day. It is very refreshing to excercise somewhere so difernet and new especially 5pm classes on the sundeck, You get to see us leaving the islands or sometimes just at sea. A really funny thing is Yoga at sea. Trying to hold a position and the ship moves and everybody falls the same way at once even the instructor sometimes its really fun.

Yeah on the sun deck at 5pm sailing away sounds lovely while you're exercising. I'm the same, love my exercise every day, I've been trying to do heaps before we go as well. But glad to hear I don't have to miss out just because I'm on holiday. We are looking to do a couple of the more adventurous tours while we are away too, like jungle trekking etc, so at least that counts as well - I think. :)

I'm not sure how good I'll be at yoga and pilates, I'm good at the sweaty stuff but to balance and be on a ship, hmmmm, might be a challenge me thinks! Good fun though

That's great going walking that much each day - well done. Yep just some light weights next, plus going up and down stairs on the ship is another good one, instead of taking the lift, use the stairs, every bit counts. I'm very lucky in that I get free gym at my work, so get to go all the time, so it's easy just to pop out during the day and get a workout done. It's sooo busy at the moment though, think it's still all the new years resolutions continuing on!

That's great going walking that much each day - well done. Yep just some light weights next, plus going up and down stairs on the ship is another good one, instead of taking the lift, use the stairs, every bit counts. I'm very lucky in that I get free gym at my work, so get to go all the time, so it's easy just to pop out during the day and get a workout done. It's sooo busy at the moment though, think it's still all the new years resolutions continuing on!

I forgot about the stairs.:rolleyes: They are a great workout. On both our cruises 2002/03 we never got the lift, always walked up and down the stairs. We were on dolphin the first time and caribe the second. Great exercise:)

Archived