Changes we noticed on the Sun since October '05

keepcruising

Just thought I'd take the time to post a few changes that we noticed from our cruise in october and this cruise.

· PJ night is now a deck party around the pool. There were no more party games, and an obvious lack of crew presence. The party was still good, but if you have told your friends about the games, and turn up expecting them, it was a bit of a surprise.

· There is no longer the crew skit at the end of the last show. 'If I were not upon the sea, something else I'd rather be'. Apparently when Demo became cruise director that stopped.

· There was no passenger involvement show. A crew memeber told us that as we had three guest entertainers, there was no time for the to host the passenger involvement show. Although one of the nights, we had no show, just a movie night, I don't see why they couldn't have had it then, but who knows.

· As for the alcohol being taken on board. Well we had a 1Lt bottle of Baileys packed in our suitecase ( as it wasn't duty free, we didn't have to declare it). We had no problems getting it on, our suitecase was delivered unopened to our room, a little latter than our friends, but nothing was said about it. And AussieDF also managed to bring her 2 bottles of home made stuff on in her carry on luggage, but that may have had something to do with them trying to get everyone on as quick as possible, after the delay. We left our bottle on our cabin table and the room steward didn't say anything.

Well if I think that's about it if I think of anything else I'll let you all know.

Another thing for all of you who know Fabio, well he took the oportunity on this cruise to get married while we were in Vila.

· There was no passenger involvement show. A crew memeber told us that as we had three guest entertainers, there was no time for the to host the passenger involvement show. Although one of the nights, we had no show, just a movie night, I don't see why they couldn't have had it then, but who knows.

Just curious as to what passenger involvement show was on the Sun in October as when we were on last September there wasn't any. I want to know what we missed out on??

Suey - the passenger involvoment show, was like the nightly shows put on by the entertainers, but the passengers were the performers for the night, It was called fractured movie moments, where they did skits form shows like 'grease', 'wizard of oz', sound of music', 'blues brothers', also songs from 'abba', 'village people'. They even had a bit from the full monty. The show is really funny, to see your fellow passengers on stage in costume, having a bit of fun.

Sorry you haven't had the chance to see one.

Karen - The guest entertainers were

Chris Powley - Elvis impersonator

Kevin A Legend - an impressionator, did send ups of a lot of people, quite funny and good

Jacques Renay - Tom Jones impersonator

Belinda Lemon - Bette Midler impersonator

Now that I revisit the entertainer there were actually 4 not 3 like I said in the first place

Our deck parties were PJ party, Super hero / fancy dress, and Island night. Then there was country and western, and rock and roll nights, these were both held in terraces and there were party games included in these.

I'm thinking that maybe they go to more of an effort keeping the passengers entertained, depending on how long the cruise is, and the passenger demographic. The cruise I went on was short (8 nights) and there majority of passengers were under 25 y/o. We had practically no games:( so I feel like I missed out there. The majority of the theme nights were deck parties. We only had two guest entertainers - the Tom Jones guy mentioned above, and a lady that impersonated Dolly Parton. We had a talent quest for the passengers at the end of the cruise - I don't know if that was instead of the passenger skit show. The talent show was O.K, only about 8 people entered and they were quite high quality acts.

Suey - the passenger involvoment show, was like the nightly shows put on by the entertainers, but the passengers were the performers for the night, It was called fractured movie moments, where they did skits form shows like 'grease', 'wizard of oz', sound of music', 'blues brothers', also songs from 'abba', 'village people'. They even had a bit from the full monty. The show is really funny, to see your fellow passengers on stage in costume, having a bit of fun.

Sorry you haven't had the chance to see one.

I have had the chance of seeing the passenger involvement shows on the Sky, with some of the family joining in. These were very good and I thoroughly enjoyed them (my brother as a transvestite was a sight to behold). :)

Also always enjoyed watching the trans-gender night although these now seem to have been axed (again my brother makes a good female - started having doubts about him after that cruise but all good fun) ;)

Archived