Two NYE Questions

jslev9

My wife and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom in a couple weeks and will have New Year's Eve as our last night at sea. I'm hoping y'all can weigh in on a couple questions:

1. We're planning of doing dinner at the Steakhouse on NYE, thinking that the dinner won't be a formal night in the MDR since it's the last night. Does that logic makes sense or do you think they'll do something special in the MDR (making it not a good night to eat at the Steakhouse)?
  2. My wife is trying to decide what to wear. We know we'll see the gamete, from casual to dressy, but do you have any advice on what most people wear on NYE?

Thanks in advance!

NYE will be a formal night.  I've been on 4 NYE cruises and they all have been "elegant" night.

They usually give out the hats and noisemakers in the MDR. However, I would be surprised if they didn't give them out in the Steakhouse as well. (never done the steakhouse on NYE).