Can you no longer pre-"order" Butcher's Cut by itself?

Morgsmom

We are sailing on 23 Jan 22 on the Meraviglia.  There is no option to pre-pay for just Butcher's Cut.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Don't want to purchase the Bubbles package or the BC Chef Table. Just wanted to add another BC dinner and pre-pay for it.  Thoughts?

I have a question about Butcher's Cut and connot find my answer anywhere.  From these boards, I understand that if you do not have a drink package or order a drink at a higher price point than your package, there is a 15% service charge.  Is that the same between preordered dinner packages prior to cruise and just going to the restaurant once you are on the ship?  

Thank you.

I'm on Grandiosa leaving 15 Jan. I had the option to book the 3 or 4 restaurant deal until today....and today butchers cut showed up to book individually. It was not there yesterday, but multiple options showed up finally for me today that were not previously available. 

22 hours ago, Mutzi S. said:

I have a question about Butcher's Cut and connot find my answer anywhere.  From these boards, I understand that if you do not have a drink package or order a drink at a higher price point than your package, there is a 15% service charge.  Is that the same between preordered dinner packages prior to cruise and just going to the restaurant once you are on the ship?  

Thank you.

Yes. So if you pre-order/pay for Butcher's Cut it is one price.  If you go onboard it is the price at prevailing rate + 15%.  

If you order a drink without a package or that is over the package you pay the FULL drink price plus 15%

On 12/29/2021 at 9:06 AM, Morgsmom said:

We are sailing on 23 Jan 22 on the Meraviglia.  There is no option to pre-pay for just Butcher's Cut.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Don't want to purchase the Bubbles package or the BC Chef Table. Just wanted to add another BC dinner and pre-pay for it.  Thoughts?

You know I remember a long time ago that you dogged butcher's cut.  I do think your a pretty sensible person though reading your posts but chuckle when I read this remembering things you said in the past.

Edited by CampNCruise74

1 hour ago, CampNCruise74 said:

You know I remember a long time ago that you dogged butcher's cut.  I do think your a pretty sensible person though reading your posts but chuckle when I read this remembering things you said in the past.

Oh hi!  So ,I "dogged" BC before because precious DH Insisted that we get the Premium Plus Beverage Package our 7 night cruise on the 19 Sept Divina.  I will repeat, UNEQUIVOACABLY, that the MDR food was beyond the pale.  I mean so bad it was kinda funny.  However, we had a BC dinner booked and our super fancy bevvie package allowed us to order ANYTHING on the by the glass package, including at the specialty restaurants...

So after a lovely glass of CHAMPS they substituted a J Cohn red we ordered with a... wait for it... $8 bottle of Robert Mondavi..... Thus the dogging of the BC.   You don't DOWNGRADE  a wine selection, you upgrade it if you are out.

The food there was fairly reasonable (not as good as we have at home, about 100x better than the swill in the MDR), but it was the wine service or lack thereof that I had issue with.

Thank you for your comment, though. On my last solo I'd rather have eaten in the BC every night than deal with the food in the MDR.  I'd happily pay the surcharge (which it used to be) and it'd still work out more cost efficient than X or another line overall.

Happy new year.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe interior cabin on the MSC Divina...these cabins are more money than a regular interior cabin....they are more of a square cabin and supposingly more room...I am booked on the Divina interior cabin 12135..was wondering if anyone has stayed in this particular cabin...would like opinions on how you liked the cabin..