Target: August '06 1st Cruise--Feel Great!

jbrains

I followed the NutriSystem plan and liked it (lost 14 lbs), but have since REALLY fallen off the boat (so to speak :eek: ). My husband and I just booked our 1st cruise ever for August '06 from Barcelona-Rome and I want to feel great for it. I'm going to use NS again and try to infuse a healthier lifestyle in general. I do well with target dates/events as motivators. Anyone on a similar track and want a 'Bon Voyage Buddy?' :rolleyes:

I'm not on NS, but I do follow WW. Congrats on your first cruise! How exciting for you!

Our ship leaves in October so I don't mind stopping by to give you encouragement from time to time! I have a thread on here too, I would like to lose 50 by the time of my cruise! :)

Good luck in all your goals! ;)

My cruise date is August as well. August 15 we board the ship, but we're going a few days early, so my "deadline" is August 12. I started low-carb January 2 and have lost 18 pounds, but I would like to lose another 50 before we board the plane. I am having surgery to remove a tumor on Thursday and as sick as it sounds, I hope to lose a few extra pounds while re-couperating:)

What's your goal? When does your cruise leave?

Wow Pugsbest! You are an inspiration! I'm shooting for about 30lbs and our Windstar cruise leaves August 13th from Barcelona. Like you, we are leaving a couple of days early, so 8/11 is the goal date. Are you a Pug lover? I am! We have 2 1/2 Pugs (one is a mystery mix from Pug Rescue) and we also have an Aussie Shepherd/Lab mix. (we are suckers) Good luck with your surgery. Whether you lose weight through the ordeal or not, just be healthy!

Hi there,

The surgery os over and all in all it went pretty well. It took longer and was more complicated then the doctor anticipated, and I do have some nerve damage (that should repair itself by the cruise). The good thing is that most of the nerve damage is on the side they operated on, so pain has been minimal. I'll have a lopsided smile for a while, but at least he was able to save the nerve. I should get the results back from pathology today or tomorrow, so if all is well I can move on. I was able to go right back on my low-carb WOE the day after surgery and have lost about 7 pounds in the last couple weeks even with the anxiety. I still have a long way to go, but I ffeel like I am on the path:)

I do LOVE Pugs and have 2 males. My 13 year old geriatric Pug is Buster and he has diabetes, 1 eye, poor hearing, etc. I also have my 8 year old rescue Pug Ollie. I have quite a collection of Pug stuff and am always hunting for more. My decorating style is an eclectic, country Pug!

So how are you doing? Are you staying on track? The more weight and better condition you are in for Europe, the more you will enjoy it. It is a lot of walking and climbing steps in very warm temperatures, so the less weight you carry and better your cardio, the easier and more enjoyable it will be. It's also nice to try on that beautiful Italian clothing and leather in a smaller size!

Have a great day and focus on your goals (even the small ones, like get through the day!).

Hi Pugsbest! So glad to hear that the surgery is behind you and you are on a path to better health. Thanks for your cheerleading. Yes, I'm on track and have small goals for each day. Today's goal is WATER! Our puggies are Phoebe, total impulse bday present, my baby (7 yrs); Frodo-wonderful, sweet boy! Follows my daughter everywhere. Loves to sing, just like my daughter. Rescued, at 13 months owners didn't want him and decided to put him down...NOT (5 yrs); Lucy--red headed pug mix, got her for Phoebe to play with...this was before Frodo came along (5 yrs). We also have Rosebud who is an Australian Shepherd/Lab mix--owner was a Lab breeder and she was going to 'discard' this litter of 'mistakes'; Rosie thinks she's tiny, but...(9 yrs). Stay focused and be healthy! All the best.

Archived