Did all people with FCC have the expiration date extended?

Lou33

3 minutes ago, butterfly4108 said:

I guess what they're saying is if you cancelled your May trip you would have till May 2023 to use it.  Ultimately whenever your cruise was you'd have 12 months is what I got....it's somewhat deceptive the way it was worded but after the last gal explained it to me I went back and re-read the email and then it made sense.  Whomever writes their emails need a little HELP 😄 

That would work for me. My original cruise was 1/9/22. I want to book a new cruise on 1/7/23, but the system won't let me do it.

1 minute ago, butterfly4108 said:

Mine wouldn't either Craig, I had to call customer service. Also if you want to use some of it for shore excursions you have to call.  Basically, whatever you want to do it's best to call and let them handle it to avoid the headache.

I called this morning and spent 45 minutes on the phone, but they wouldn't budge off of 12/31/22 and promised to call me back within 48 hours. Stay tuned...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I called this morning and spent 45 minutes on the phone, but they wouldn't budge off of 12/31/22 and promised to call me back within 48 hours. Stay tuned...

It sounds like they are aware it’s an issue so I’m hopeful they’ll extend it to May 2023 at least.

I just finished an online chat with Sharon, who was able to give me a logical answer for a change. In my account it said my FCC was good thru 1/12/23. The cruise I wanted to book embarks on 1/7/23. Sharon explained that the cruise had to be completed by 1/12. Fair enough.

So, I had her apply my FCCs to a 12/31/22 cruise that I was unable to do myself on their system.

Glad to have that over with. 🤪

Edited by craig01020
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, butterfly4108 said:

Just spent some time on the phone asking why I couldn't apply my FCC to my April 2023 sailing when the email clearly said "thru May 2023".  They gave me some double talk that I couldn't understand except that the final outcome is that it must be applied to sailings in 2022.  Spoke to 3 different people and got the same answer but the last person explained it clearly....because the original sailing was January 2022, you have one year from that date for the new sailing using the FCC.  

I got doubletalk as well, same issue. The cruise consultant finally said she would ask for an extension of the FCC to May (reflecting what my letter said...🤔).  I've got cruises booked in late March and January 2023, and it seems like that took - I got both sets of paperwork yesterday. So, we'll see...😐

• Like 1

When I spoke to my PCC about rebooking I was told that those who “cancelled” under POM need to sail by 12/31/22.  Those who were frozen have until 5/22.

the reason we, the POM folks, got letters is that the automated system failed to distinguish between the two.

additionally, instead of redepositting my CNC, as it would have expired in April of 2022, they converted it to cash value as part of my FCC.  Maybe that is why some of you have questions about you certificates and FCC amounts.  This made my life easier as I had another CNC that would expire by 12/31/22 so I was able to use that one as well as the cash converted amount of the cancelled cruise certificate.

I hope that was understandable .

It is ridiculous how they are messing with all of these different dates. I have a coupon that expires 1/19/22, a bonus credit that expires 1/31/22, and a POM credit that expires 11/8/22. I have no idea why the POM became November. It was from a cruise I was supposed to go on in September. I also have a large credit that is supposed to expire 1/31/22 that has disappeared. My PCC told me it is “frozen.” It is extremely frustrating that no two representatives can give the same answer about when these have to be used by and the trips actually taken. Almost like NCL wants to make it confusing so that FCCs end up not being used…