Question re:leaving sleeping kids alone in cabin?

fidoprincess

Oh, btw, I loved the comment on poster made (post #37, i believe)...something along the lines of:

"People worry endlessly about how to guard the card that serves as a key to their safe, but, will leave their children unattended..."

great point!

Come on. I have my kids locked up in a little box and I take it everywhere I go. I would never let them out of my site. It's unthinkable. When they turn 18 they can have a 800pm curfew, until then, back into the box.:D

Oh you hit a nerve alright, I was so going to stay out of this but I just couldn't after this one! You said your a mother to how many children? You expect them to behave like adults, that's the most absurd thing I have ever heard. As far as training , it is children you have not animals :eek: !!!

Wait for it!

We let our 12 year old stay with my 7 year old, so we could go out after 10 pm. no problems (other then by 12 year old complaining that he wanted to go to the midnight buffet - so sometimes I would come in at midnight so he and dh could eat)

we just had a mother in my town leave her 3 children in the car while she went shopping at a kmart. ( the considerate inbesele ).

Don't you think you should know how to spell imbecile before you actually call someone an imbecile.

Don't you think you should know how to spell imbecile before you actually call someone an imbecile.

While I appreciate what the poster was trying to accomplish by sharing this story with us, I'm pleased to know I was not the only one experiencing mental 'nails on chalkboard' while I was reading it...I wanted to reach through the screen and start error correcting things.

Community guidelines give anyone the right to misspell without getting harassed.

"Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Community guidelines give anyone the right to misspell without getting harassed.

"Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Me orgree. this ferum ain't no resamay? It just an place two chat.

I have a question!

Are the OP and her friend she posted this about who has been replying friends anymore?

I can't believe this thread turned into a debate of fat vs. thin.

To the poster who discussed her daughter who is overweight (the one who took offense initially) yet healthy - my sister is overweight with a slow metabolism yet had major thyroid problems. I'm sure you've had that checked, but once she started eating really healthy and exercising it went away. It sounds like your daughter has the exercising thing down pat! I'm sure she eats healthy as well but thyroid is always something to think about.

To further prove your point - I am 5'3 1/2 and anywhere from 110-115, my sister is 5'2and significantly more (yet she's lost 107!). We have the same mother and her father never had a thyroid problem - OUR MOTHER has one, but I didn't inherit that. I also inherited a fast metabolism whereas my sister, did not. Soooo, it's not necessarily what people are feeding their kids (though most people let their kids get fat), it's genetics, the way the body works, etc. :)

Swimming 1 1/2 5 days a week. Damn. That's a workout (and I am being 100% serious, I get tired after 10 laps and I work out 5 or 6 days a week!)

Oh you hit a nerve alright, I was so going to stay out of this but I just couldn't after this one! You said your a mother to how many children? You expect them to behave like adults, that's the most absurd thing I have ever heard. As far as training , it is children you have not animals :eek: !!!

Wait for it.

I knew the grammer ...oops grammar:D ....would eventually be under attack!

What happened?

I leave for 12 hours...way back on page 8 everyone was becoming friends...now we are back to the hissing and booing!...

This thread will never end!

That's okay...most of you are probably at work, & unfortunatly not on a cruise:eek:

and it is better to take it out on CC than at your boss/employees!...Or your children!

It's okay...I can take it!

Capricorn28 Thanks! for defending my child rearing..training...teaching...whatever you call it...very sweet of you!

How many spelling errors did I make?

I'm just trying to picture this in my head, the music is playing, your dh's arms are around you, & you have one around him & what the other is holding a walikie talkie up to your ear.!!! Give me a break! :cool:

Actually...if you read the whole thread...which you obviously did not....you would know that mine lights up when someone is trying to contact me!

Also...usually it is clipped to my husband's belt on his trousers when it isn't in use.... That way my loving arms can be free to hold and squeeze!:p

Funny though....good imagination!:D

HEY AT THE RATE THIS thread IS GOING~

I think we could actually break a record....or at least catch up to the mammoth thread of

THE SAINTS AND SINNERS group!!!:D

watcha think?

Nah...someone will eventually say something really offensive to another poster and this thread will go **poof** right before your eyes.

Actually...if you read the whole thread...which you obviously did not....you would know that mine lights up when someone is trying to contact me!

Also...usually it is clipped to my husband's belt on his trousers when it isn't in use.... That way my loving arms can be free to hold and squeeze!:p

Funny though....good imagination!:D

ooh, i hope its set on vibrate...lol

Capricorn28 Thanks! for defending my child rearing..training...teaching...whatever you call it...very sweet of you!

;) Hey, no problum...hehehe I was jist giving my inturpretashon of what I have ben reding.

Carry on everyone!! :D

egad...I think I may need to consult dictionary.com....

Archived