Danielli and Gritti Palace Hotels in Venice?

Are these hotels truly worth the splurge? If so, which of the two are better?

I would say so,but then it is subjective as to each one's taste.They both rate very high,but I would say the Danelli would be the most popular.Location is great.I have heard the dining is not so great for the money however,but again... :rolleyes: My favorite hotel in Venice is the Luna just for location as I never seem to get lost whan I have stayed there.I generally do not like to rate hotels or dining since it is such a personal choice,but since you asked...:o ,No matter where you stay enjoy Venice.

The Gritti Palace gets my vote! It is a fabulous hotel. Their terrace restaurant over the Grand Canal is wonderful ( esp. at night when candle lit dining). If you stay there yes a splurge.. so get a room with canal view too.. nothing like throwing open the window and having the Gondoliers below ( there is gondola stop right at the hotel)singing up to you. The Gritti also has their own boat to take you if perhaps you want to go to check out the Lido or across to Cipriani. 5 stars all the way!!:D

Archived