FLL -Hilton or Hilton Garden inn

Icon5

Has anyone stayed at these hotels before? How would they compare?

We are arriving from our cruise and would like to take one extra day to relax (and mentaly prepare for our return to the "routine":( ). We would like to be close to the action but not too far away from the airport so it does not cost too much for a cab ride.

Any advice is appreciated....

Has anyone stayed at these hotels before? How would they compare?

We are arriving from our cruise and would like to take one extra day to relax (and mentaly prepare for our return to the "routine":( ). We would like to be close to the action but not too far away from the airport so it does not cost too much for a cab ride.

Any advice is appreciated....

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in January pre and post cruise. It is on a dead end street off a busy street (Sterling Rd). It is close to the airport - I think it was about $20.00 with a tip included. It is not far from I-95 which makes it convenient to travel either north or south. The hotel itself is farily new and well maintained. The front desk staff are helpful. To acess the parking, you have to use your room key to raise a gate so I felt it was fairly safe to park. Not too far from the hotel is what I would consider a questionable area as far as safety but I wasn't concerned about our safety. There are fast food restaurants (Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell) are across the street along with a strip mall which has several restaurants and stores.

We had a Junior Suite at the hotel - it was a nice room - had a "living area" with a sofa, TV, microwave and refrigerator. The area with the bed also had a TV. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool. It does not offer a free breakfast but does have breakfast for purchase. If you have other information about it, just ask and I will try to answer.

Thanks Mared1 for the information.

Could you tell me how far would I have to go for attractions or the beach from the Garden Inn or should we just relax by the pool for the afternoon?

Thanks again

I am not sure what attractions you are interested in - we went to the Museum of Art to see the King Tut Exhibit-it took about 10 - 15 minutes to get there. Also went to the Everglades and that took about an hour - we might have taken the most direct route and it was on a highway with a lot of stop lights.

As for the beach...I am not really sure how far it is.

Like the previous poster indicated, I wouldn't walk around late at night - the Comfort Inn across Sterling Rd has had some bad reviews of people being mugged on their property. Just use common sense and you should be fine!

Archived