QM2 Thermal Spa - now open again

starquake

Can confirm from this weekend that the Thermal Spa pool (and all the sauna/steam rooms) are back in operation on QM2.   We swam in it on Valentines Day, and it was very busy, and fully booked for the entire "weekend" cruise to Hamburg.   

They were selling spa packages for 4 days for $99 or $35 for a 2 hour entry on the first cruise to feature these facilities in some time we understand.

Indeed there were some classes in operation too (paid for and some free).   We didn't partake, but they were quite booked, as was the personal trainer all weekend.

Some amusement was had by a few of us Monday when one of the people in the spa had forgot to remove their mask (masks not required in area, the guy in question had just completely forgot he was wearing one until he started swimming).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, starquake said:

Can confirm from this weekend that the Thermal Spa pool (and all the sauna/steam rooms) are back in operation on QM2.   We swam in it on Valentines Day, and it was very busy, and fully booked for the entire "weekend" cruise to Hamburg.   

They were selling spa packages for 4 days for $99 or $35 for a 2 hour entry on the first cruise to feature these facilities in some time we understand.

Has it been refurbished? If so, is it much improved? It was pretty rough when I last visited in early 2020. 

9 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Has it been refurbished? If so, is it much improved? It was pretty rough when I last visited in early 2020. 

It was in a better more working/functional state than the one on QE this christmas as a comparison (where several of the steam rooms were broken), and the hydrotherapy pool was out of action half the cruise.

It looked a little tired on QM2, but was fully functional would be my summary, the pool was lovely, and larger than the equivalent pool on QE (and my understanding this was broken for several years previous).    There was a small issue shipwide with water so the showers were not functional, however, this also impacted our cabin, and was fixed 2 hours later, so I doubt this was the spa.    During the period the water being off, the hydrotherapy section was still operating as normal, except the changing room showers.