Nassau Swim with Sting Rays

Pepi

Would like to do this excursion in June. Doesn anyone have any feedback about this? I don't see any posts about it anyhere.

Our ship will only be in port from 9am til 3:00pm and the cruise line says the excursion (which also includes snorkeling) runs about 3 hours.

Leaning towards just booking with the cruise line given our time constraints...don't want to have to worry about getting back to the ship on time.

Is this the swim at Pearl Island? A few of our friends did this last week and there were only around 5 rays and a big turtle in a penned area. They enjoyed it even tho they were not free roaming rays as is GC.

I think there is also on at Blackbeards Cay - I have the information somewhere here and will try and pull it up later for you

on BlackBeard's Cay. It also includes some snorkel time.

I was just out there last week.. Blackbeards is a very nice private island off the coast of Cable Beach. There are about a dozen or more penned Stingrays available for you to snorkel with and feed. There's a wrangler there who will persuade the rays to swim around your legs and eat from your hand. If you have never done this kind of thing.. this is a fun place to visit.

The beach is next door, and have plenty of chaise loungers, a daiq bar/ grill, souvenier gift shop and restrooms.

You may... or may not, be aboard the Yellowbird.. It's one of several boats making this trip.

I believe your best bet is to book this with your cruise line.. the morning trip is not usually available to the public.

We will be in Nassau Tuesday, Feb. 28th on the Fantasy. We booked the Rose Island excursion. Is the water cold? My son is particularly sensitive to cold water - should he bring his wet suit?

The water is chilly.. not really cold.. if your son is sensitive, then a wet suit is in order. I was snorkeling last week.. hard to get in.. but once you're in.. it was great.. for about 30 minutes or so.

The water near the shore is fine for splashing and wading.

Thanks for the info. We'll bring the wet suit. Actually, it is a very strange problem - he is actually allergic to cold water. It's called "cold urticaria". He breaks out in hives and can go into anaphylactic shock. He's 20 years old and has had this since he was very young.

Archived