Message in a bottle

Tropicalshowers

Hi Everyone:)

Just wondering if anyone has ever thrown a message in a bottle overboard on their cruise! Or do you know of anyone who has? If so, was it difficult to do?

And does one secure it by cork or screw top?! Did it ever get found? Thought it might be fun to try but I'm worried there might be a law against it! (or it might end up injuring someone on a deck below!):D

I would imagine it would be frowned on to throw anything from the ship, I suppose you could swim out from the islands and "post it" .About 14 years ago when I was on Dravuni Island I saw a large boat anchor just off the edge of the reef and the locals dumped heaps of bottles and cans. Maybe they were making their own reef :confused:

I would imagine it would be frowned on to throw anything from the ship, I suppose you could swim out from the islands and "post it" .About 14 years ago when I was on Dravuni Island I saw a large boat anchor just off the edge of the reef and the locals dumped heaps of bottles and cans. Maybe they were making their own reef :confused:

Thanks for the tip! I'll get hubby to 'post it' as he's a stronger swimmer...I can see that idea going down like a lead ballon! Are you sure they were locals? It would make for an interesting dive site perhaps!:eek:

Cheers

Archived