QV Maiden Voyage Fares

guernseyguy

UK residents will be starting to receive the Queen Victoria maiden voyages brochure. Fares range from £1,799 (sailaway £999) for inside up to £15,779 (sailaway £8,679) for the Q1 Grand suites (Aquitania et al) for the first voyage. On a perdiem basis these seem a bit lower than QM2, for example, full fare for lowest grade inside 12 night Mediterranean works out at £224, per day while on this voyage its £180......but the second voyage perdiem is up to £249 for the same cabin.....perhaps they are expecting a few 'kinks' in the service on the first voyage!:rolleyes:

Peter

The first voyage is Christmas markets... brrrrrrrrrr.. Oslo!! anyone???... the second, Christmas.. which always commands higher per diems.

I think it is a rotten time of year to launch a new ship.

UK residents will be starting to receive the Queen Victoria maiden voyages brochure. Fares range from £1,799 (sailaway £999) for inside up to £15,779 (sailaway £8,679) for the Q1 Grand suites (Aquitania et al) for the first voyage. On a perdiem basis these seem a bit lower than QM2, for example, full fare for lowest grade inside 12 night Mediterranean works out at £224, per day while on this voyage its £180......but the second voyage perdiem is up to £249 for the same cabin.....perhaps they are expecting a few 'kinks' in the service on the first voyage!:rolleyes:

Peter

Hi, Peter,

Isn't a bracing transatlantic crossing at 28+ knots as a maiden voyage the TRUE mark of a liner? Enough said about this latest installment of the Carnival homogenization of Cunard. And that is my response to all of the posts debating Queen Victoria as liner or cruise ship.

Best,

Bobby

Hi, Peter,

Isn't a bracing transatlantic crossing at 28+ knots as a maiden voyage the TRUE mark of a liner? Enough said about this latest installment of the Carnival homogenization of Cunard. And that is my response to all of the posts debating Queen Victoria as liner or cruise ship.

Best,

Bobby

Bobby,

I think in fairness to Carnival, we need to recognise that they DID build a liner in the QM2 - though her first Trasatlantic was a wimpy one to Fort Lauderdale before starting the true North Atlantic Ferry.....and if they can fill her Transatlantic season....more power to them. After the QE2 goes I will probably sail on her....I'm not at all sure I'll sail on the Queen Vic.....unless they put her on the Atlantic....and we can enjoy the slowest crossings since 1894!

Peter

Given the time of the year I give Cunard credit for the itinerary of the maiden voyage.

The average cruise line would probably have started with a cruise to some sunny destination like the Canary Islands or even transatlantic to the Caribbean if not already located there. Yet, Cunard does something different and offers a maiden voyage to Christmas markets in probably festive decorated and illuminated cities. Sounds much more civilised.

That said I do not rush to sail her as I am not convinced that the Queen Victoria will qualify as Cunarder.

Archived