St John..Cruise Excursion?

yusi1906

I will be aboard Destiny on April and was wondering if I'm better off taking the ship's excursion over to Trunk Bay. I've read mixed reviews about this. Will I be better off taking ferry on my own or taking the ship's excursion. I'm afraid to miss ship, lol. This will be my first time in St.Thomas.:p

Trunk Bay is nice but VERY busy. Cinnamon Bay is quieter and has lots of good snorkelling. Its a Campground with a store, showers, and is one of the easiest places to get a cab to and from. As long as you have a reliable ferry schedule, don't worry about not making the ship in St. Thomas...just leave yourself ample time to get to the ferry dock back to St Thomas. the ferry ride is about 45 min so keep that in mind too.

St Thomas is nice if you want to shop and there are some very nice beaches also. Maybe check some of them out if you don't want to be watching the clock all day worried about getting back ;)

We are a group of 8 ladies and will be on HAL Zuiderdam sailing 3/18/06. A few of us plan to do some shopping then hop the ferry to St John. I've been to both islands many times and if I can help you with anything else, just ask:)

Archived