Public Beach vs Sea Grape

shannonwood

Forgive me if I ask what's been answered a million times already! But I've read through several of the threads and it seems that Sea Grape is very popular. Can someone just tell me the main difference (if any) between "Public Beach" and Sea Grape. Is there really a beach called "Public Beach" or are people just referrring to one of the areas along 7 mile beach that is free? If there is such a place, are there restrooms? Thank you for your help!

I imagine people are referring to a "no fee" beach, but am not positive. All of Seven Mile is public. The trick is some places will charge you to rent chairs, etc.

Sea Grape is public and you can plop down with your towel and enjoy the sun and water. They offer restrooms, chairs for a fee, food, drinks, water sport rentals, etc. Taxis will know where you want to go and be waiting for you to return to the pier.

Thanks for the reply...I wasn't sure if it was a "real" beach or just the reference to free/public areas!

There is a REAL place called Publlic Beach on 7 mile...it is really quiet and down aways from restaurants and such.

Spent a lovely afternoon there in 2003.

Pictured below.

21958_2095_10660709_1140549726mdf64313673964e3dccd1fdd8c15ed2b99.jpg

21959_2095_10660710_1140549727mdcd06e441508016c70c2ee551ff2f6d72.jpg

Thank you TravelWorks, your pics are lovely! Is there a restroom there, or any type of facilities, to include food? I assume this area would be less congested than Sea Grape?

Hi,

Hi shannonwood,

There is a bar/resturant with decent food & drinks. There is a very very clean restroom you can use for no charge. As for congested areas-Sea Grape & the public beach are next to each other, can't really tell where Sea Grape ends & the Public Beach begins. It wasn't too busy. I have photos below:

If your interested in seeing any photos of Grand Cayman and 7 mile/sea grape beach, Costa Maya, Belize & Cozumel and Legend of the Seas please click on the link below:

http://cruisegirl29.shutterfly.com/action/

You have to enter the password: bella3

Happy Sailing!

Enjoy,

Sue

Thanks for the info and the links to your photos...your girls are darling! I appreciate you sharing your trip information!

Your welcome! I love to share my experiences & photos so you all can see how wonderful these ports of call are! Prior to leaving on vacation, I always do as much research as I can to find out what, where & how we are going to experience each island......

Happy Sailing!

Sue

I 2nd what "Shannonwood" said...looks like Hanna and Emmah had a blast, :) !

Seriously, thanks for sharing your pictures. I am a very visual person and it was nice to see pics of exactly where we would tendered, etc. Your pictures made me even look MORE fwd. to the trip!!

Greytracer-

Thanks, these were taken in Jan. 06. I know that there are still hotels that have major damage & they are waiting for insurance $$$ to continue rebuilding. I think the Hyatt is closed? If I remember correctly.....

Chris-

We always do our own thing! Much cheaper that way & then your not tied down to a schedule. We took a cab to Sea Grape Beach-the cabbie tried to get us to get off at Royal Palms-but we refused saying we wanted Sea Grape which is farther. So much nicer too. It's 5.00pp each way. However, when we returned to the port they offered us 4.00pp. Which was really very nice!

If you do a beach shore excursion-it will cost you way more money!!!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

Thank so much for posting, we were debating between the Royal Palms area (which we did last year) and Seagrape and your pics clinched our decision! Also great to know what to expect in Coz, we're renting a car there in April. Did you rent there or taxi it? We also have a group of nine going, similar age group to yours, but with an 18 yr old added in. Thanks!

Thank so much for posting, we were debating between the Royal Palms area (which we did last year) and Seagrape and your pics clinched our decision! Also great to know what to expect in Coz, we're renting a car there in April. Did you rent there or taxi it? We also have a group of nine going, similar age group to yours, but with an 18 yr old added in. Thanks!

Glad you decided on Sea Grape. Royal Palms trys to charge a fee! In Cozumel we took a taxi-around $16.00 one way. Simple, Easy, & Fast. You'll have a great time! ENJOY!

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
I imagine people are referring to a "no fee" beach, but am not positive. All of Seven Mile is public. The trick is some places will charge you to rent chairs, etc.

Sea Grape is public and you can plop down with your towel and enjoy the sun and water. They offer restrooms, chairs for a fee, food, drinks, water sport rentals, etc. Taxis will know where you want to go and be waiting for you to return to the pier.

We're thinking of renting the chairs and maybe jet ski rentals... Also, do they accept credit cards for the jet ski rentals?

• 5 months later...

I did not see anyone reply to Cedez regarding pricing for jet sking on the 7 mile beach. Does anyone know where they have good rates for jet sking where you can go off by yourself and NOT with a group! We are avid jet skiers and owners from SW Florida and would love to ski in the Cayman Islands if the price is right. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? We will be visiting on Oct2, 2006. Only be in port from 7a-2p. Would appreciate any help in this area!

I did not see anyone reply to Cedez regarding pricing for jet sking on the 7 mile beach. Does anyone know where they have good rates for jet sking where you can go off by yourself and NOT with a group! We are avid jet skiers and owners from SW Florida and would love to ski in the Cayman Islands if the price is right. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? We will be visiting on Oct2, 2006. Only be in port from 7a-2p. Would appreciate any help in this area!

Our kids rented waverunners from Red Sail at the Marriott. We were staying next door in a condo, and they just walked over and rented them. I believe they were each $65 for 30 minutes. They took off and went by themselves. I don't recall how far they went, but we'd see them zipping across the water (out in distance) from time-to-time. Red Sail operates out of many of the hotels. I believe they are also at Sea Grape.

• 5 months later...

Archived