Butlers on the Star - I have questions

Dr. J

You will have an expanded breakfast menu, your butler will bring any meal to you to you and you can have it served in suite or on the balcony, with white linen. You can have meals delivered from any restaurant on the ship.

You'll have afternoon snacks and evening turn down treats delivered.

If you have a bar, your butler will bring all the mixers and accoutrements you ask for. And basically any food or beverage needs.

Your concierge, Natasha, is a natural wonder, she will arrange things for you. Dinner reservations, shore excursions, meetings, embark/debark, limousine, just about anything under the sun. I don't know if ship's concierges are eligible for Clef d'Or but she should have one!

Don't hesitate to ask for anything, they are there for YOU and the other suite passengers.

Have a great cruise, the Star is lovely.

Thanks so much!

Can you tell me what appropriate compensation should be for each of these services? And, as long as we are talking money, is the daily tip service charge really adequate to insure excellent service? It seems a bit impersonal.

Thanks so much!

Can you tell me what appropriate compensation should be for each of these services? And, as long as we are talking money, is the daily tip service charge really adequate to insure excellent service? It seems a bit impersonal.

You will need to tip your butler and concierge separate from the automatic tipping that will be charged to your account. The amount you tip them is based on how much you use them. Do a search here and there are a number of threads that cover this same topic.

As far as the auto tips... Yes, they are adequate to insure excellent service. That being said, we always tip in cash at the Specialty Restaurants because the service is typically above excellent and the atmosphere is quiet and intimate. And, if we have above and beyond Room Stewards they too get extra at the end of the cruise. I understand what you mean by being impersonal but remember each night at dinner you will most likely have a different waitstaff. We love the auto-tip as it saves that last night of the cruise, running around with envelopes to tip people. It is hassle free.

Archived