Coffee?

MAN86

Can you have coffee delivered to your room every morning and is there a charge?

Room service will deliver your coffee and breakfast. You may order it off the interactive TV Menu or check it off on form for room steward to pick up or call it in in the morning to room service. You specify the time you want it delivered. They will call a few minutes before bringing it to make sure you're ready. Be ready when called, they're quick.

Now that's for all cabins other than suites. Suites have a butler who will take care of your orders.

We like to order coffee, danish and juice in the morning to have in our cabin. After showering and dressing we then go to the buffet for omelets, waffles or whatever else strikes our fancy.

No charge, but a gratuity is appreciated by the delivery person.

Nothing like coffee in the morning on the balcony....sigh..... On our cruise last April, our cabin steward was the person who brought our morning coffee/breakfast orders and we just added more to her tip at the end of the cruise instead of tipping her with each delivery. She was great and we'd have added more anyway. We thought the coffee was pretty good too. I wouldn't bother with bringing a pot and coffee, cleaning it would be a pain.

We never wake up at the same time--hence scheduling a delivery is impossible! We usually run down 1 flight of stairs with the insulated mugs to the buffet & get a huge cup to go & we're set! Then we're off to explore or work out--yes--we're early morning people & don't dwadle over coffee & croissants on a balcony when the rest of the ship is calling! Best time of day to explore! :D

Since I love GOOD coffee in the morning, I always along my Black & Decker "Brew-n-Go" coffee maker and my personal stash of Sumatra coffee (which I grind at home and put in the pre-measured amount in individual Ziploc bags).

It comes with a mug and is easy to pack and easy to clean-up.

Yeah, yeah, I can be a little pretentious – but a GOOD up of coffee in the morning, can’t be beat!!

Tom

You can arrange for breakfast in advance, night before, or order on the spot. We usually have ordered a pot of coffee when waking up, and then go to buffet for breakfast. Coffee room service takes from 10 to 20 minutes. We've found morning room service coffee inconsistent, and generally pretty bad. This has been true on Celebrity, Princess and RCL. so the last couple cruises we've taken a coffee pot with us.

Coffee in dining room is better, but cafe/buffet is pretty inconsistent as well on all the lines I've mentioned. There is usually great coffee at the coffee bar, but they charge for on Celebrity - unless you have a suite in which case it is included as a suite amenity if the butler brings it to you.

Don't know what ship you are sailing on but they usually have a "Starbucks" type coffee place on board. I was on RCCL - I know they aren't the same company but they had a cafe called Lattitudes and they gave me a card at the beginning of the cruise for "frequent coffee buyer". After 7 coffee drinks you get one free. Hey there's not much free on cruise ships, so I was impressed. I also thoroughly enjoyed my cappucino every morning on MY schedule, not the dining room's etc. OK so I didn't get to have it delivered to my balcony but I enjoyed it just the same. I know on Summit they have a place called cova coffee.

We are going on the Constellation soon. I really don't function until that first cup of coffe. I don't like ordering from room service as I never know what time I'm going to wake up.

We are on deck 9 right under the Spa. Does anyone know if the Spa Cafe has coffee in the morning or will I have to go all the way aft to the buffet area to get my morning jolt. I bring my insulated mugs and stumble out for that first cup, so I'm trying to figure out the closest place to grab a quick cup.

Thanks for any info.

Whenever we have been on Celebrity we order coffee and juice using the order card the night before and set the delivery time for when we need/want to get up. We have always found the coffee to be pretty good and the delivery serves as our wake up call.

After a couple of days you know the timing of the room steward. Some are always a few minutes before the assigned time others after. That probably depends on where your room is in relation to where they start with the cart.

Occasionally on a longer cruise the room steward or butler has checked to see if we wanted our usual order when we didn't put out the card.

What we always do is bring a small coffee urn, the type that is set out at office meetings. I always get up eariler then my wife and go up to the coffee service counter in the cafe and fill up and bring back a couple of cups, spoons, and the fixings. Works out great and gets me out of the room early.

One other suggestion for those who dislike the cruise coffee as much as we do, but don't want to bring your own pot. Try some of the coffee bags (like tea bags) sold my Maxwell House or Folgers. Not as good as top quality brewed coffee, but far better (IMHO) than the typical morning coffee from room service. And you can have room service bring you hot water for "brewing". We thought about this, then decided to bring a pot.

Their "free" coffee is OK at best. Since you are both "coffee snobs" - I would suggest doing like I do . . . bring your own coffee from home and the Black and Decker "Brew-n-Go" coffee maker. It is small and it even comes with it own mug.

Tom

Don't know what kind of coffee you guys like - I tend to be a coffee snob too cause I can only drink one cup a day - otherwise too much caffeine and I'm up all night! I enjoyed the coffee at cova but then I order a cappucino. Not sure what the other tastes like. I'm not familiar with the Black and Decker brew and go but I know that Starbucks - if that's your pleasure - makes filter packs that I use when I travel, cause almost all hotels have small coffee pots and most coffee in hotels is nasty. Hope this helps!

The Black & Decker "Brew-n-Go" is a coffee maker. It makes one "cup" about 20 ounces.

You can use any type of coffee with it. It is just a smaller unit, that uses the #2 cone filters, instad of the larger filters that most coffee makers use.

Tom

Archived