Coffee?

MAN86

Does anyone know what BRAND of coffee X uses? My husband and I are very big coffee snobs :)

If you are truly coffee snobs then definitely bring your own. A good friends buys several pots when they are on sale then leaves them on the ship when she disembarks.

Dh much prefers Starbucks but lives with X coffee (better than Princess). Have to agree Cova is best and then the dining room. In any case, no matter where you are getting your coffee bring your own mug or plan on that being your first souvenir purchase.

O M G people leave the coffee pot at home, order your pot every morning, if you must take something take a Hair Dryer. you can bet the coffee maker will NOT get back home in one peace. Save the room in your bags for something you need.

Does anyone know what BRAND of coffee X uses? My husband and I are very big coffee snobs :)

We just returned from a cruise on the Century. As much as I loved the cruise, the coffee was below standard. I noticed they used a liquid concentrate,in the machines.To us it tasted much like Sanka. However we heard reports that the coffee delivered to the rooms was much better. Im sorry I did not notice the brand.

O M G people leave the coffee pot at home, order your pot every morning, if you must take something take a Hair Dryer. you can bet the coffee maker will NOT get back home in one peace. Save the room in your bags for something you need.

I'd rather have bad hair than bad coffee :eek: . And believe me, if you were cruising with us you would rather look at my bad hair than deal with me having bad coffee ;)

We just returned from a cruise on the Century. As much as I loved the cruise, the coffee was below standard. I noticed they used a liquid concentrate,in the machines.

LIQUID CONCENTRATE!!!! GROSS!!!!!:eek: i'M definitely looking for the Black and Decker coffee for one pot!!!!!!

Let me see, which would I like more, a good cup of coffee or a hair dryer???

I checked - the Black & Decker "Brew-n-Go" cost about $25 and weights a little less than 3 lbs. The one I have has a stainless steel travel mug. I prefer to use my own unbleached coffee filters.

I grind my coffee at home and put the perfect amount into individual Ziploc snack size bags. I then have a place to put the used coffee filters in, so I do not make too much of mess for my cabin steward.

Tom

LOL!! I do have to say though if you could have seen my husband's face this morning when I told them they used some sort of a concentrate you would be laughing too! :D :D :D He IMMEDIATELY went looking for the french press we just received for a Christmas gift :) . We will be bringing our coffee and a coffee pot and the french press and stopping at the Starbucks in Ketchikan if needed. We are also bringing our own wine, just to open up a whole other can of worms ;) ! You're right though, Alaska will be what we talk about, but only because we will have brought our own coffee!

I had no idea this would be such a big deal :eek: I just wanted to know if I could have a pot of coffee delivered to my room every morning so I did not have to get dressed and go get it. If not, I would pack my own pot - I travel with it all the time. I am not a "coffee snob", but I am addicted to caffiene. :p

On past cruises in a SS I have requested that the butler bring the coffee from the buffet since I have found the coffee they prepare in the service areas on deck is horrible. I have had no problem doing this in the past. On my upcoming Med trip on the Millie I will be requesting the same from our cabin steward (CC).

On each cruise, we pack our french press and coffee (we use Terroir Coffee). Coffee like wine is a beverage that appeals to the individual palate and like wine ranges from cheap to fine. Celebrity caters to those who drink fine wine, but unfortunately they do not cater to those who drink fine coffee (and I am not referring to capuccinos or strong coffee). That said, we enjoy a cup of fine coffee each morning.

The ability to sit back on our aft balcony with a cup of some of the finest coffee in the world to me is a luxury. Since, I book an aft... I can also easily reserve my favourite coffee. We bring along our french press and our coffee, and by the end of the cruise we usually have had at least a half dozen comments on how wise we are to bring our own!

Each evening we put out our room service card requesting tea for four. In the morning they deliver a thermos pot with enough hot water for our french press along with the mugs and milk.

So with our fine cup of coffee... we sit out on our aft facing balcony and enjoy what we consider a perfect morning aboard our favourite Celebrity ship! To us packing our french press and coffee... is not any more a hassle than packing our bathing suits... both prerequisities for a wonderful cruise!

Each evening we put out our room service card requesting tea for four. In the morning they deliver a thermos pot with enough hot water for our french press along with the mugs and milk.

So with our fine cup of coffee... we sit out on our aft facing balcony and enjoy what we consider a perfect morning aboard our favourite Celebrity ship! To us packing our french press and coffee... is not any more a hassle than packing our bathing suits... both prerequisities for a wonderful cruise!

How funny, not only are we fine wine drinkers, but we booked an aft on Infinity, 7208. Looking forward to it!

This is soo much fun. Now we are into a Franch Press and how to get your FINE BOX WINE in your luggage. Does it get any better then this?
its Alaska ENJOY THE CRUISE, let the staff wait on you. P.S. I STILL HAVE SOME 70 CABS FROM CALIF IF YOU WANT THEM LOL

Archived