belfast on the Jewel of the seas from Amsterdam june 4th terminal ? tours

Hi everyone,

We will sail to Belfast on the Jewel of the Seas Royal Caribbean Int  from 6.15 till 17.30 June 4th

Can anyone tell us where the dock is because i see more than one cruise terminal in Belfast and if RCI provides a shuttle ?

We intend to do a black cab tour then move on to the hop on bus and hop off wherever we can and visit the Titanic Museum

before going back to the ship

we love to walk, can we walk to the ship from the center of Belfast ( depending where the cruise terminal is )

thank you for your time to get back to me

have an amazing day

Frieda

Hopefully there are some experts in arriving by cruise ship into Belfast who can answer the queries you have raised. The only input I would give as someone who visits Belfast on a regular basis by plane is that it would not be a pleasant walk into Belfast from the harbour area as it is a busy industrial route and a shuttle or taxi would be recommended

In case you are unaware the 4th June is the middle Saturday of the extended Queens platinum jubilee bank holiday weekend across the UK and these may impact in terms of local road closures, transport options and there are likely to be extra events and crowds in the city. The black cab tour will I'm sure be even more colourful than usual with additional union flags, and probably Irish tricolours in the respective areas and it should be a good day to visit. You may come across a few street parties and daytime music should be easier to find. The only real negative I can think of is the pubs are likely to be very busy!

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:25 PM, davekent said:

Hopefully there are some experts in arriving by cruise ship into Belfast who can answer the queries you have raised. The only input I would give as someone who visits Belfast on a regular basis by plane is that it would not be a pleasant walk into Belfast from the harbour area as it is a busy industrial route and a shuttle or taxi would be recommended

In case you are unaware the 4th June is the middle Saturday of the extended Queens platinum jubilee bank holiday weekend across the UK and these may impact in terms of local road closures, transport options and there are likely to be extra events and crowds in the city. The black cab tour will I'm sure be even more colourful than usual with additional union flags, and probably Irish tricolours in the respective areas and it should be a good day to visit. You may come across a few street parties and daytime music should be easier to find. The only real negative I can think of is the pubs are likely to be very busy!

Dave

Thank you Dave to make some time to give me this information. We were indeed unaware about the festivities. You probalby know that in Belgium they brew the best beer of the world so we have no intention to visit a pub,  therefore we have enough time to visit the Titanic museum walk around the center and do the mural tour with a local black cab tour company.

( just kidding about the beer ....☺️ ..... not 😁)

Wishing you an amazing evening stay healthy and happy !

Frieda

Though the cruise port is not a nice walk into the city the Titanic exhibition is a very pleasant 30 minutes walk across and alongside the river from the centre of Belfast (I'm sure it will be a nice day when you are there!). The shuttle is likely to drop you off by City Hall and within 10 minutes walk is St Georges market (very good on a Saturday) and 5 minutes the other way is the Victoria Square shopping centre. It's the best shopping centre in Belfast and more usefully for me has a free observation deck in the dome giving a great view of pretty well all Belfast and the surrounding hills. Currently it states the viewing area is not open on a Saturday but suspect it will be by the time of your trip

No argument from me about Belgian beers. One of our local pubs carries around 50 different Belgian beers and hopefully next year Eurostar will reopen its stations in Kent to allow us a quick and easy return to Brussels and Bruges. We will drink a couple of glasses of Bruges Zot to toast your trip tonight!

1 hour ago, davekent said:

We will drink a couple of glasses of Bruges Zot to toast your trip tonight!

Hey Dave, we arranged a black cab tour to pick us from the cruise ship to do the Mural Tour and they will drop us near the city hall so we can walk around to do all tourist stuff,  and then we intend to walk to the Titanic Museum or take a cab or local transportation or the big bus / city site seeing bus to spend a couple of hours there before going back to the ship. 

I have no clue how to get back to the cruise ship from the Titanic area cause I have no idea which dock they will anchor but we love to walk and according google maps it is possible.

We'll have a Guinness and toast to your health " schol ! "

I wouldn't walk in Belfast port as it's an industrial port with lots of heavy goods vehicles moving around. The Titanic Museum have a dedicated taxi drop off point for one of the local taxi companies ( Value Cabs ) so that's what I'd use to go back to the ship.

• Thanks 1