Adventure of the Seas- 2/06-just returned any ??'s ask away

Does anyone have an idea how much it costs to have clothes ironed? Wow, I am really hung up on this, huh?

Here's a listing from www.rccl.com faq:

Are laundry services provided?

Self-Service Laundry facilities are not provided onboard any Royal Caribbean International ships; however, full laundry and dry cleaning services are provided :

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50Blouse:$3.50Shirt (dress):$3.00Dress (wash):$5.00Underwear:$1.20Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00Nightgown:$3.00Pajamas:$4.00Swimsuit:$2.00Handkerchif:$0.75Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50Housecoat:$3.50Bathrobe:$3.50Hosiery:$3.50Pants (wash):$3.50Slacks:$3.50Sweatshirt:$3.00 Socks:$1.00 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN Suit:$7.00Evening Gown:$8.00Pants:$4.25Dress$7.00Jacket:$4.50Silk Blouse:$5:00Sweater:$4.00Silk Dress:$8.00Coat:$7.00Skirt$4.50Tie:$2.00Suit:$7.50Shirt:$3.50Blouse:$4.00Shorts:$3.00Scarf:$2.50Vest$2.50 Silk Pajamas:$4.50 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

Can you tell me about bringing wine on the ship? Do they not like that? What if I brought the wine in the box. Just to have some in the room for my balcony room? Also, I understand that there are no irons in the room. Ugh, I hate wrinkled clothes! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Carol

Ps. If it is easier, you can always e-mail me QueenbugC@aol.com

Carol,

see my post numbered 41 to the answer about wine.

Mary:cool:

Hi Barbara,

Cafe Promenade is open all the time. It is free, you can get pizza, sandwiches, cookies, donuts, coffee, milk, juice, stuff like that, it does get crowded when the windjammer is not open at nite, but if you want to grab something to eat fast, its the place to go.

Mary

A nice little secret about the cafe is the ice cold water is always available.

QueenbugC - Wife & I are flying down on day of sail at 0700a. I haven't noticed any posts from you on the Roll Call Forum for the March 5th AOS thread? There are currently 66 people signed up for the Meet N Mingle scheduled for Monday at 11am. Hope to see you there.

We just returned from a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. While onboard we booked for next March on AOS. On the Jewel the Solarium was so beautiful. It was closed in and had gold elephants, tiger, all kinds of greenery, etc. I saw a photo of the one on the AOS and it looked like it was open and much simpler. Would you tell me more about it? Thanks!

Please join us on the Roll Call board for the AOS May 7th sailing.

Also retired and ready to sail, with my not-yet-retired Sis.

Firstcruiser06,

Thanks for all the info. Have cruised before on HAL, but this is our first RCCL cruise.

I will be sailing 3/12 and was wondering what nights the formal nights were.

Sue

Hi Sue,

The two formal nights are your sea days, they were on Monday and Thursday, and yes I found that people did dress up, they also have a "captains welcome aboard" from the promenade bridge on Monday, they hand out free champagne while you listen to the captain talk and introduce his crew. That is usually between the two dinner times. They take your formal pictures those nights also. I dont know how you photograph but I dont do well and I didnt realize it until thursday night, I should have gone to all the photo stops and the first formal night of course we had our 1 picture taken by the beautiful staircase and you can see people in the background. What I should have done as I did on Thursday night is go to all four of the picture backgrounds that are offered so I have more to choose from. I also waited till the last day to buy any photos that way I have more to choose from

M

We just returned from a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. While onboard we booked for next March on AOS. On the Jewel the Solarium was so beautiful. It was closed in and had gold elephants, tiger, all kinds of greenery, etc. I saw a photo of the one on the AOS and it looked like it was open and much simpler. Would you tell me more about it? Thanks!

Hi,

I guess what you call the "solarium", I call the "adult pool area", there are alot of greens on both window sides, the pool of course is salt water and is open to the elements where as the two hot tubs are covered. I would say it is more open than closed, there are chairs under the overhangs and out in the sun, there is a bar there to. I dont think I would say it is beautiful, I thought it was real nice but I would have to save beautiful for the dining room.

M

P.S. if you go on royalcaribbean.com, pick the adventure of the seas and go on the virtual tour I think you can see better

Mary,

We will be sailing the AOS in June. I have one question for you...do they adjust the dinner seating times at all while in Aruba?

Thanks for all of your great info.

Fred

When I heard the name John Lobo, it jogged my memory... I think he was our waiter when we cruised on AOS about 3 years ago. Does he ask people to call him The Wolf? :) Very nice, personable guy if I'm thinking of the same one - he always brought us plenty of desserts.

We consider ourselves Goodwill Ambassadors. It was not a ship title. We cruised 3 times in less than 6 months on the Adventure. We met everyone from the Captain and his wife, Concierge, many other staff personnel and had a wonderful time with them all --- and still do -- so we talked up the ship, the itinerary and the crew. We merely adopted the term ambassadors. It has remained a favorite ship of ours.

Crusin' Molly

Archived