Manaus hotel recommendations

Dalcrew

7 hours ago, Dalcrew said:

Hello everyone,

We are looking to book the Venture 4/14/23 departing from Manaus and would appreciate any hotels you could recommend.

In 2015, we had only one night before our Seabourn Quest cruise from Manaus. We stayed at the 

Go Inn.  This hotel was clean, relatively quiet and had a very complete and tasty breakfast. Excellent central location. The room was very small. Rua Monsenhor Coutinho 560 Manaus AM, 69010-110.

Certainly not luxury, but very adequate. I checked Tripadvisor and it was a 2021 Travelers Choice.

If you have more than one night, you might look at a higher end place, but IMHO Manaus does not warrant more than a day.

• 1 month later...

Will check out the Juma Opera.  We were thinking of booking the Villa Amazonia Manaus but they aren't booking beyond January 2023.  After checking the out the one SB recommends, The Quality Hotel which looks pretty bad.

4 hours ago, Dalcrew said:

Will check out the Juma Opera.  We were thinking of booking the Villa Amazonia Manaus but they aren't booking beyond January 2023.  After checking the out the one SB recommends, The Quality Hotel which looks pretty bad.

Actually, am now looking to change booking Villa Amazonia, too, after taking more of a deep dive into reviews.  I suspect that Juma Opera gets by on its name, but Villa A looks so much cuter, like a boutique hotel.  I’m not always swayed by negative reviews, but the ones for Juma Opera were pretty compelling in that they gave details (small rooms, noisy rooms, no elevator, lack of service), and while I am strong, the idea of taking 4 weeks worth of luggage up stairs in the middle of the night does not sound fun.  

9 hours ago, Dalcrew said:

I have to been trying to reach out to VIlla A but not luck and their website doesn't book this far in advance. Please let me know if you have any luck. 

We too are having difficulty.  Emailed last evening.  No response.  Sent a follow up email this evening. Will let you know.  Keeping our rezos at Opera just in case - until we can book this hotel.  It looks so cute.  We are booking for two nights and plan on hiring some car to take us on a tour of Manaus.  Been watching YouTube videos and looks like Manaus has a few different parts of the city, including a kinda cool beach where they’ve had surfing competitions.  

I heard back from them and was told that its not open for booking those dates yet but they she would see what she can do .......... Fingers crossed that The Quality is not where we windup . 

14 hours ago, Dalcrew said:

I heard back from them and was told that its not open for booking those dates yet but they she would see what she can do .......... Fingers crossed that The Quality is not where we windup . 

At least you head back.  We have not.  So let me know as soon you hear that it is open for booking, and I will do the same to notify you.  In the meantime, we have the Opera Hotel booked (free cancellations) which looks so much better than the SB hotel,  The Quality.  (That one looks anything but quality.). 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, Dalcrew said:

I went to Manaus last february and stayed at Villa Amazonia. We loved it. Juma is just a block away from Villa Amazonia. Both hotels are in front of Opera Amazonia Theatre and near by some good restaurants. The restaurant at Villa Amazonia is great as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, Lirio said:

I went to Manaus last february and stayed at Villa Amazonia. We loved it. Juma is just a block away from Villa Amazonia. Both hotels are in front of Opera Amazonia Theatre and near by some good restaurants. The restaurant at Villa Amazonia is great as well. 

Hotel lobby, restaurant and pool view from my room balcony.

20220227_092912.jpg

20220227_074920.jpg

20220227_064818.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My suggestion is do your homework very carefully.  10 years ago we stayed in Manaus pre-cruise at what according to Trip Advisor at the time was the #1 rated B&B, after reading the reviews of the then Seabourn hotel.  No elevator, although did have someone who carried the luggage up the stairs for us at 11:30 p.m., the included breakfast was very sparse, the bed was uncomfortable but the worst was the filth of the floors, it was if a vacuum was unheard of never mind a mop and bucket of water..  The great part of the B&B was when we missed our connecting flight and were stuck in Miami unexpectantly overnight they did not charge us, but despite that would not stay there again.  It has been 10 years but I don't think Manaus has many decent options for hotels.  Since most cruises start with an overnight there if you can arrange for a flight that arrives in the day probably best to just plan to board the ship, although when we went there were not many flight options.

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, Dalcrew said:

We are booked at Villa Amazona.  Rezos are open.  I did my homework.  Much nicer than the SB hotel, and also many and much better reviews than Juma Opera.  I like the location, too.  Booked the best suite they offer but not sure much different than the others.  We booked flights to get in the afternoon rather than 2 AM so will get to spend 2 days in Manaus. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hobar said:

We are booked at Villa Amazona.  Rezos are open.  I did my homework.  Much nicer than the SB hotel, and also many and much better reviews than Juma Opera.  I like the location, too.  Booked the best suite they offer but not sure much different than the others.  We booked flights to get in the afternoon rather than 2 AM so will get to spend 2 days in Manaus. 

Suites are quite different. I had the best suite for myself and the standard one for the teens. I hope you enjoy as much as I did. Consider visiting the Museu da Amazonia (MUSA). I did the guided tour and was great.

• Like 1

When I looked at Trip Advisor, there were only 2 in the "luxury" brand, Juma and Amazona. I have attended concerts at the Opera twice on previous visits to Manaus, so it was a sentimental choice to book Juma (I'm not a pool person which seemed Amazona's feature).  I will be in Manaus 3 nights and have been guaranteed a balcony room with Opera view, and yes, I have read mixed reviews. I just wanted to be assured of accommodations since the pickings are very slim and there may be 200 Seabourn passengers boarding. There is a photo of a beautiful staircase, but I was unaware there was no elevator. May have to reconsider. Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, Mahogany said:

When I looked at Trip Advisor, there were only 2 in the "luxury" brand, Juma and Amazona. I have attended concerts at the Opera twice on previous visits to Manaus, so it was a sentimental choice to book Juma (I'm not a pool person which seemed Amazona's feature).  I will be in Manaus 3 nights and have been guaranteed a balcony room with Opera view, and yes, I have read mixed reviews. I just wanted to be assured of accommodations since the pickings are very slim and there may be 200 Seabourn passengers boarding. There is a photo of a beautiful staircase, but I was unaware there was no elevator. May have to reconsider. Thanks for the info.

Juma and Amazonas is just a block away from each other. Both are in front of the Opera. I just saw Juma from outside, passing by. There is elevator at Amazonia.

3 hours ago, Lirio said:

Suites are quite different. I had the best suite for myself and the standard one for the teens. I hope you enjoy as much as I did. Consider visiting the Museu da Amazonia (MUSA). I did the guided tour and was great.

Is there a guided tour in English?