Miami Airport To Fll---rent Car Or Taxi

GINNY L

I need some help. My son (11yrs old) and I are flying into Miami but our hotel and ship is in FLL:( . We had to fly this way due to the free vouchers that we had:) . My husband and daughter are flying into FLL, they had no free vouchers. We will be arriving into Miami about 10pm. What will be the best way to get to the hotel in FLL. Should we just rent a car or hire a taxi:confused: ? Also on the way back from the FLL port, my son and I will be staying the night in Miami and flying back early on Monday morning. Should we get a car to use to drop my husband and daughter off at the FLL airport on Sunday and then we drive to Miami? Or should we just rent a taxi?

Thanks for all and any input. We will be flying out on the 11th of March.

The most economical way to get around would be to rent a car. It's very easy to navigate around Miami, Ft Lauderdale, WPB. The signage is excellent and it would be very difficult to get lost. A taxi from MIA to FLL would run between $70-$80 each way, a car rental could be had for less then $30. ;)

Yes the there is a new rental car facility at the Ft. Lauderdale airport adjacent to Terminal One (Southwest). Most of the companies run shuttles which will pick you up at the pier and take you to the facility, but a cab may be easier than waiting, runs less than $20.

Suggestion. Use your car to drop everyone at the Pier on day of sailing, then have your husband return the car and catch shuttle back to pier. Just make sure he has all his papers with him for check in. Much easier than everyone piling into the shuttle with all the luggage.

Alamo has had very good prices on a small SUV called Equinox. Easy place to check rates http://www.southwest.com

Archived