Thermal Suite on Muse Class Ships

scseas

I recognize that these have likely been closed due to COVID, but has anyone had the chance to use these pre-COVID? If so, how was your experience? What is the cost?

Any idea when these might open again?

Hi scseas,

I used the Spirit thermal suite a few weeks ago -- so, during(ish) Covid. On embarkation day, I asked for a tour, and they showed me their offerings. This will be specific to the Spirit (which is Muse-class), but I'm not sure if/how other Muse-ish ships vary. The woman who gave me the tour was very excited that all of the Thermal Suite's features were now available as of my sailing on 15 March 2022.

A 1-week pass was either $109 or $119, I can't remember which. I don't know the cost of a day pass. The "pass" was a sticker on my room card. On entering, I traded my room card for a locker key, and they will also give you a loofah and herbalized salts if you would like to use that in the steamroom -- lavender was widely available on my sailing, but I understand they also have other flavors such as mint and chocolate/mint.

The locker contains a robe and slippers for your use.

Once you enter the Thermal Suite, there are 4 or 5 of those heated stone/mosaic beds. Also in that space: a unisex sauna, a unisex steamroom, and a shower -- all with a Covid limit of 2 people. Obviously swimwear is required in this area. It's also worth pointing out that these are separate from the sauna/steamroom available for use by any passenger. If you prefer a more private experience (perhaps sans swimwear), there is a private area with a locking door that contains yet another steamroom, shower, and hot stone bed. If it is not in use, you are free to use it (and I did! several times!). It is also limited to 2 people.

Continuing aft, there is a separate whirlpool, sunning, sitting area outside with an unobstructed view from the aft balcony. The hot tub also has a limit of 2 people. 

Water bottles and towels are freely available, but this is very much a do-it-yourself experience. Nobody will come around with canapes and fruit skewers or will top off your drink, as they will do in the main pool area. [Note: I think the Dawn's Otium experience will have a higher level of service.] For me, DIY was just what I wanted, so the thermal suite was ideal for my needs. 

My needs also included being away from crowded places, which again made this perfect for me. I never saw more than 2 other people there during my week-long pass, and most of the time I had it to myself. So, the Thermal Suite became a key aspect of my Covid-avoidance strategy 🙂

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to answer any other questions.

• Thanks 2

Thanks! Super helpful! 

So it sounds like you get a more private experience (because there are general sauna/steam rooms without a fee) and the hot stone beds, as well as a less used whirlpool in a secluded area. Do I have this right?

And is it 109/119 per person or per cabin?

17 hours ago, scseas said:

So it sounds like you get a more private experience (because there are general sauna/steam rooms without a fee) and the hot stone beds, as well as a less used whirlpool in a secluded area. Do I have this right?

And is it 109/119 per person or per cabin?

Yes! Excellent concise summary!

And I'm not sure of the price answer, as I was traveling solo. If I had to guess, I'd say per person. But, again, that's for a whole week -- which is worth it on a crossing, but maybe not when the ship is in port.

• Thanks 1