What are the special parts/secrets of the Getaway?

nycrewz

I just booked a cruise on the Getaway.  This will be my second time on the ship, but I can't remember what the special spots were and I don't know what has changed since 2019. 

Looking for best place to watch the sunset with a drink.  Best place to relax over an outdoor breakfast.  Is there anything on the ship that must not be missed?      

If there's already a thread that covers this, I haven't been able to find it with my best search guesses.  Please point me in the right direction.....   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Getaway 2021.12.5 TA cruise.  But don't remember any special place.

The is the rope climbing station on the top deck.  There is one plank that sticks out into the sea.  Not many people try to walk on that out just sticking out into the sea.  

The Getaway has a Waterfront, so for me, it's being outside at the bar behind the Mojito Bar, I think it's called the sustainable bar or something.  Regardless, there's a bar there with the sunset in view depending on the ship's position of course.  Also of note, perhaps not a "secret" is that the high top tables by that bar look into Syd Norman's....which can get crowded without seat availability.  Sit outside instead so you can see in; and you can hear it, as the music is broadcast out there on the speakers.

• Thanks 1