Norfolk parking suggestions

MarsMama

We are cruising in May from Norfolk. I am trying to find the cost to park near the port. My understanding is there is not a cruise port lot. Do we need to make an advance reservation for overnight parking near the port? Would that save any money? All or any information would be helpful.

Plenty of fabulous hotels in Hampton Roads area.  I would lean towards hotels in Norfolk, Chesapeake or VA Beach (not oceanfront as the rates will be extremely high that time of year).  I'm sure you will find something that is within your budget.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MarsMama said:

We are looking in either Chesapeake or Newport News.

Unless there is a reason you want to be all the way out in Newport News - that is quite a drive.   It might be difficult to find an uber/lyft/taxi willing to take you down to Norfolk - be conscious of that planning factor.  

Has anyone ever parked at Dominion Tower to cruise out of Norfolk?  Looks like it's about a 15 minute walk to the terminal but the only parking garage I can find in the area that could be used for the cruise.  At least, can be booked through bestparking.com, but I've never used that service.  Otherwise, a couple miles away for parking and bussed back.

Any suggestion or more information is appreciated.

https://nauticus.org/cruise-parking-directions/

Here is the link that carnival provided for parking. 

My wife and I, our plan is to stay in Williamsburg Saturday night. Its an hour away from the port but its cheap. Then head to the suggested lot cedar grove parking. If that is full then we will just have to figure it out from there. 

Is there any offsite parking with a shuttle that anyone knows of?  I think $15/day is pretty steep when terminals with offsite privately owned lots offer parking for less than half of that.  I certainly haven't been able to find any other option, though.

None that I am aware of but hopefully maybe Norfolk locals will see and post their recommendations.  

If you are spending the night prior - have you checked to see if your hotel offers extended parking?  You could always Uber/Lyft form the hotel to the terminal and back.   There is at least 1 hotel within walking distance to the terminal (Main), but do not know their parking situation.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, pasodancer said:

f you are spending the night prior - have you checked to see if your hotel offers extended parking?  You could always Uber/Lyft form the hotel to the terminal and back.   There is at least 1 hotel within walking distance to the terminal (Main), but do not know their parking situation.

Thanks for the suggestion, but our son lives in Richmond so we are spending the night with him.  I know it could be worse - at least it's not Manhattan!

• 8 months later...