Champagne Reef

pklopp

Hello - we are probably going to book with Reyno in Dominica and have asked him to take us to Champagne Reef for snorkeling after our sightseeing trip. Just occurred to me that he did not mention whether we can reach the Reef from shore or do we need to make arrangements for a boat ride there. If we need to arrange for a boat,does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks much.

Peggy

Hi...just came back from cruise, Champagne Reef is fantastic...the reef is right off shore but the shore is all big rocks, narrow and sloping...arranging for a boat ride is a good idea, sorry I can't suggest any private boat rides, as we took the ship's excursion. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Champagne Reef is worth the trip for sure, and its a stone's throw from shore but...

The shore line is surf polished orange and grapefruit rocks that are very slippery when wet and since they are the "beach", they're wet. Injuries so easily occur, you just don't see folks doing it from shore (and the ones that do ain't happy!)

pklopp-

I'm sure Reynold (Reyno Tours) would be able to help you with boat arrangements and actually, he might have already done the legwork making sure it happens for you. I'd just email him again to verify you've got everything you need to have a wonderful day on this island.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Archived