Taking Reflection 6/3/22 RT Rome. Covid Testing Options?

saevans

I am a bit confused by Celebrity's plan for Covid testing at embarkation. It appears that if you are "up to date" you must present a neg test taken no more than 1 day prior. If you are not up to date then they test you at the port? If this is the case, since we are in Italy 3 days prior, we have to bring our own test kits with us?

When the cruise is over we are responsible on our own to take a test to get back into the US. Kudos to Princess who provided the testing at no charge.

Hard to believe that this is really the plan. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To be honest, I would have no desire to have to wait and test at the port, even if it’s free. What a hot mess that would be. If you don’t want to take a test with you then find a place in Italy to test. There are many. We fly in the day before sailing so are able to do it at the airport, but there are plenty of reasonable places to do it. 

Saevan has the same problem as do we—same sailing.  July 2, the “one day” before sailing is a national holiday in Italy and there is great uncertainty as to testing locations being open in Rome.  We purchased the Binax proctored test kits just in case.  There is a link on page 58 I believe of the roll call that reveals a centrally-located testing facility that will be open on June 2, and allows appointments to be made.  Might take a look at that.