Short Day - What to do?

RKAJ

If you like history, you could tour the forts. The Queen's Staircase is very pretty and the story behind it is interesting so a visit there might be fun. There's lots of shopping if you are into that sort of thing. Otherwise, you might consider booking a ship's excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also planning a very short stay in Nassau on our Voyager cruise in late April. It will be our first day on a cruise (ever) and I'm worried we won't be able to get oriented on the ship and get to see Nassau. We're figuring that we should order breakfast from room service so that we can get an early start. I assume we have to do customs (we're Canadians) and then might be in Nassau by 9:30 am or so. We'll have a few hours and then we'll have to be back to the ship at lunch time. We would like to hit a beach with our 13 yr old. Any suggestions on where to go fast with a nice beach. We have always wanted to go to the Bahamas and are sad that our stay is so short. Any suggestions?

Not sure what your group is interested in doing, but I have a few files I can email you about the island with tours/maps etc. You definitely could find enough to do in the morning until you have to get back on the ship.

If you would like them, please email me and I will send them out. We Loved Nassau and the people of the Bahamas -(39 of us) - and hope to go back soooooon!!! Too bad your stay was not longer.....

We are also planning a very short stay in Nassau on our Voyager cruise in late April. It will be our first day on a cruise (ever) and I'm worried we won't be able to get oriented on the ship and get to see Nassau. We're figuring that we should order breakfast from room service so that we can get an early start. I assume we have to do customs (we're Canadians) and then might be in Nassau by 9:30 am or so. We'll have a few hours and then we'll have to be back to the ship at lunch time. We would like to hit a beach with our 13 yr old. Any suggestions on where to go fast with a nice beach. We have always wanted to go to the Bahamas and are sad that our stay is so short. Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have to do anything with customs....all your info will be taken at the time of embarkation, so you will not have to deal with any of that. You can verify this with your cruise line. At the end of your cruise will be when you deal with customs.

Archived