Soto's stingray

DebbieICU

I had booked soto's after reading up on the many different companies to choose from.

Dealt with them thru their website and fast confirmation- credit card holds your spot and you pay in cash/travlers check upon arrival.

We were on a carnival ship and the price they charged for a similar trip was $47 vs. $30 for Soto's.

They sent you directions for pick up in an email letter and unfortunately I lost them during our travels.

We got off at the port and asked directions from a port authority man- sent us about 2 miles in the opposite direction!!!! Stopped at a dive shop who called them for us and finally met up with them and took us late-(sorry to the people who were waiting) to the spot.

Nice small onelevel boat holding about 20-25 people.. offer punch and water for free- have a bathroom onboard ... nice clean snorkeling equipment to use and very attentive to needs if necessary.

Traveled first to snorkeling about 20 mins offshore- strong current that day and it was difficult for some people including myself to manage so did not see to much- then onto stingray city- gave alot of instructions about the stingrays and were concerned for their safety as well as yours- attentive in the water and took pictures that you can buy- we did pruchase them and will get them in about 2-3 weeks. Other large 2 level boats in there as well and were very happy to have booked Soto's- the 2 men who work the trip are very nice and want you to have a great time- let me know if you have any questions-

Debbie

What time did your ship get into port? We are also booked with Soto's, but they think the Valor will be in port at 9:00 am (Carnival states 7:00am), and said we should book the afternoon excursion. Did you do the morning or afternoon? And what time did you get back to the dock? And how hard was it to get a tender?

Sorry for so many questions. Just want to be prepared!

I would go with the morning trip. The reasons why are that Carnival wants you onboard by 3:30 I think and the last tenders leave around 3:15 . I don't remember what time Soto's afternoon trip is and there can be alot of traffic in the port area with people trying to get back. I believe that the ship will anchor around 7 am and if you eat early and get off the boat by 8:30 you should be fine. THey have 2 tenders going and coming back and they hold a few people. YOu can then spend your afternoon shopping, having some lunch and ejoying the view.

You will definitely like Soto's and I am so glad that we choose them- just don't lose the directions that they email you as I did- !!

Debbie

Archived