1st time cruiser-how do u get early tender for private tour?

tcrny

Hello to all! We are on our 1st cruise (Celebrity Century) end of March and stopping in George Town. I am in the process of booking private tour with Native Way sports for snorkel. Ship arrives 7AM and Native way tour leaves at 9:30AM. Do only passengers with ship booked excursions get preference for early tenders off the ship? I have no idea of the ship's tender process and want to be sure I can get off the ship in time to make the tour. I'm also confused if NativeWay says the tour leaves at 9:30 meaning leaving the initial pier pickup to transport us to snorkel boat or leaving for the actual tour onboard their snorkel boat at 9:30. I thought all the transportation to and from is included in their 2.5 hour tour package. :confused: Can someone confirm this? This board has helped me sooo much to prepare for this awesome cruise adventure. Thanks !!! Freezing cold in NY - Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I can't be 100% on Celebrity, but on the Mariner a month ago now (boohoo) ship excursions most definately got priority!!! Then the rest of us got to go!!

When they tell you a time to meet (yours 9:30) that is when you will most likely first see them, from there you will have drive time and then your excursion will start...at least that was how it worked for our private trips??

Cayman was so much fun, we used someone else but the Island was just wow!!!! We snorkeled and did Sting Rays SandBar, snorkeling was incredible, my first time and I was amazed!!! The Rays were fun too but I kinda freaked out with them, I was in the water and doing fine for almost a half hour but it just got to mee alittle!!! My own mental issues on that one!!!:rolleyes:

Hope I helped, and we are freezing cold here in MN too,

Have a great time!!!!!

Regarding the tendering process...I was on VOS a few weeks ago and at two of the three tendering ports (Labadee & Grand Cayman) no one even asked us about our shore excursions. And we booked all our excursions independently. We left when we got up and were ready to leave. But this might be completely different from what your cruiseline will do.

We were booked with Nativeway in the Caymans as well and the time is when they expect you to meet them at the pier. Our tour guide, Ashton, was holding the Nativeway sign. Once we were all there, we walked to the van and started the tour. It was one of the best times ever!

Thanks for your help. I am in the process of booking with Nativeway. Sharon answered my inquiry emails the same day (a Sunday) and I was impressed. She explained she would meet me at the pier at the time mentioned. I feel very comfortable with the process. I just need to see how Celebrity handles the tender process and if ship excursions get first dibs off the ship. The island sounds awesome and I can't wait. The countdown is on ... 27 more days to paradise. Weather has been wicked here in southern NY with wind chill - this is just making me appreciate what I am about to experience in 27 more days!!!!! Happy cruising to all! Thanks again for everyone's advice. Cathy:D

Archived