Anything besides wine tours in Bordeaux?

Grandmaanne7

We will be stopping for a day in Bordeaux in August.  I am considering allowing the other adults in our party to enjoy a wine tour while I do something with the grandchildren ages 11 - 17.  I've looked at perhaps some museums but also thought about possibly a beach day.  Is there a nice beach reasonably close to the cruise port?  How far are the museums from the cruise port?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Sorry to jump in with a sort of "non answer" just minutes after you posted, but coincidentally you posted while I happened to be browsing for the first time since Saturday.

Just wanted to check that you are actually docking IN Bordeaux (usually only for smaller ships) and not at one of the other two locations outside of Bordeaux (Bassens or Verdon) as your location will influence your sightseeing options and others will better know how to reply to your question..

Is Bordeaux shown on your itinerary in brackets with a different name in front of or after the brackets?  As you can already see from the reply above, the poster will be docking in la Rochelle (Bordeaux?) which is actually a rather nice town in its own right but is derfinitely not "Bordeaux".

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Thanks to both responders.  Clairescurtains, I think we're on the same cruise (Carnival Pride July 31) and yes, we do stop in la Rochelle.  Looks like I'll be researching that area instead.

Yes, that's the one. I have found the website I showed above to be quite helpful with our planning on this cruise. I like small group tours and wandering so this just seems the perfect wandering place to me. I hope what I visualize works out.😜