Comparing QM2 to others

hooked cruiser

Has anybody been on the QM2 Xmas/New Year cruises? If so can you give an insight into them? Is it a stiff upper lip cruise or down to earth relaxed atmoshere? :rolleyes:

You will have more formal evenings and the tradition of being on a Cunard ship is a factor as well. You will however not choke on the formalities.

Its really what you have been used to in the past. Although the QM2 may not be as formal as the QE2 , and the Holiday cruise is normally a caribbean cruise you must expect more formal dress wear then on most other cruise lines that go to the islands. People do like to dress up!

We are not stiff upper lip people and we were quite comfortable when we cruised the QM2 1/3/06-1/15/06 from NYC.

We had four formal nights. Day time wear was informal to casual. Hope this helps. We had a great time.

Marty:)

Hello lk4xits,

its between the two.

You can walk around with your jeans all day long, but in the evening I can recomand some nice dressing. Because there is a special feeling when you are dancing in the Queens room and Rod Stewart is among the other dancers. (which happend on our cruise)

So dont forget your Jeans, but also bring your best clothing to the QM2.

Best regards from

Hello lk4xits,

its between the two.

You can walk around with your jeans all day long, but in the evening I can recomand some nice dressing. Because there is a special feeling when you are dancing in the Queens room and Rod Stewart is among the other dancers. (which happend on our cruise)

So dont forget your Jeans, but also bring your best clothing to the QM2.

Best regards from

I would be willing to bet Marty (lk4xits) doesn't own a pair of jeans. That is a man with class. He can talk you under the table about brands and vintages of port, tequila or wine, yet never make you feel that he is showing off, knows all of the great little-known places to visit all over the world, and always makes all who meet him feel they they are somehow princes and princesses. This man was born to the Queens! (IMHO) And his wife is the darlingest young lady. His sister and her hubby are fun, too!)

Marty, wish we could do South America with you!

We'll see you this summer though.

Karie, who thinks the world of Mr and Mrs. lk4xits!

I would be willing to bet Marty (lk4xits) doesn't own a pair of jeans.

I'm really sorry about my mistake that I answered to Mr. Ik4xits. Dear Sir I hope you dont mind. icon11.gif

The message was intended to go to "hooked cruiser"

All the best to everybody on board and hopefully the Queen will be "on 4 pods" a.s.a.p.

• 3 months later...
Has anybody been on the QM2 Xmas/New Year cruises? If so can you give an insight into them? Is it a stiff upper lip cruise or down to earth relaxed atmoshere? :rolleyes:

Hi

We were on the QM2 last Christmas and New Year and booked on again this year. It is really fabulous, all the rooms and hallways are very tastefully decorated for the festivities, there are a couple of fancy dress nights which will be advised in the booklet that comes with your tickets, I was surprised how many people made a big effort for them, if you dont take anything with you they sell things very cheaply to make sure you don't feel left out on the day of the balls. The G32 is buzzing till very late every night which I have seldom found on other ships I have been on. Christmas carols in the atrium was very well done and a lovely experience. There were a fair share of formal nights but thats what most people like about Cunard, by day it is very casual, and ther are loads of alternative dining venues if you don't feel like dressing up on any of the formal nights, The G32 is also very casual, or not if you prefer. lots of dorothy's friends too. I met my other half there. I'm sure you will love it.

Interesting info. What else do you remember about QM2 Holiday Cruises? We are going this year with our children. Were there a lot of kids? How was the Christmas Eve dinner? Anything else special you remember? Thanks so much.

Cunard has been the most famous ship line in the world (there slogan) "Most Famous Oceanliner In The World"

It is an oceanliner and very luxurious. Not a Carnival ship where yo u can have a frat party. top quality top service top of the line every thing. You get more than your moneys worth....try it and you'll be hooked for life!:)

Archived