Hampton Inn FLL???

cruisinjean

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn FLL airport North? Which would be better HI airport or Plantation? Are there restaraunts within walking distance as we have no transportation. Shuttles from the airport? We are a group of 24 sailing in August. Any info would be great. :)

I booked the Hampton Inn--Plantation for March 25. We stayed Hampton Inn Dadeland Mall (Miami) in January. Very nice hotel. Included free breakfast and shuttle from airport and to port next morning. Very happy with hotel. The only problem is if the shuttle is full the next morning, you would have to wait until it comes back for a second trip. If you would rather go earlier you have to spring for the cabfare. It worked out for us--the last two on the first shuttle. I called the Hampton in Plantation and they told me not to worry about it, that if we reserve the shuttle space we will get it. Don't know how it would work for 24 people. P.S. the women at the Plantation location told me they have two vans. We are only going to be 4 people.

I will post when we get back. You can land up waiting for free shuttles. In Miami airport we had just missed the shuttle to the hotel. The hotel called the driver to turn around and get us--but he apparently was just beyond the place to recycle back around the terminals. We had to wait for him to get back--went to get something to eat LOL. Shuttles are not as convenient but they are free and we haven't had the best experience with cabs in FLL. In fact there have been threads on FLL cabs ripping people off. Miami is different--there is a set cab rate from port to airport. Makes it easy.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn North last year. With a group of 24 people I suggest you tell whatever hotel you plan on staying at that you have that many and ask about their shuttle. The reason I mention this is that when we got to FLL Airport last year and called the hotel to tell them where we were for pickup they said it would be at least 1 hour since they were transporting a large group and that we could take a cab (at our own expense). Since there was no way I wanted to stand around for 1 hr or more waiting for a hotel shuttle after traveling from Arizona and being up at 5 a.m. we took a cab spending money we had not really planned on.

While the H.I.-N was fine as airport hotels go I was very annoyed that they would tie up their shuttles for that long and that they gave no regard to other guests.

The room was fine, service within the hotel was fine and the shuttle to the ship the next day worked ok (I have no idea where/when the large group went). Included breakfast was standard Hampton Inn stuff.

There are a couple of fast food places nearby and a grocery store. No real restuarants however the hotel did say their shuttle would take you to some of the area places if you wanted. We opted to go get sandwiches at the grocery deli and relax in our room.

We are cruising in Jan 6 2006 on the Liberty and are looking for a room or a suite for 5 adults. Is the Hampton Inn Plantaion in Fort Lauderdale area. Or any other ideas. pscrapper

5 adults in a room ? That is not easy to do. The Embassy Suites might work.

Have you thought about 2 rooms ?

We stayed at the SleepInn/Suites in Dania. The room had 2 Q beds and a full sofa sleeper,plenty of room for 5.

Free shuttle from the airport and they did have a shuttle service to the port.

Hotel was clean, decent breakfast and the staff was friendly.

Right next to a grocery store, Walgreens. Not much in the way of resturants. The grocery had a full deli with hot foods so that is what we ate. There were several take out/delivery menues in the room to order food.

Price was very reasonable and we would stay here again.

Funcruiser

Thanks for all the info. and Lucy, I look forward to your post when you return:D . We are arriving in the am on Sat. and will only need to be shuttled from the airport to the hotel. We are reserving a minicoach to shuttle our large group from the hotel in Plantation to the cruiseport in Miami. Keeping our fingers crossed that this all works out!

Archived