garment bags

xray

We are debating purchasing a garment bag for our upcoming Voyager cruise. What are the pluses and minuses? We will be gone from home for 12 days and plan to hit a few nice restaurants onboard and in Miami.

Help us decide.

Thanks,

Cliff

One of the nice things about garment bags is transferring your clothing already on hangers right into the closet. Save about 5 - 10 minutes alon. Also, the ability to keep somewhat the wrrinkles and etc out of the suits and dresses.

Always travel with one when going to dress up a bit.;)

I like to use a garment bag for clothes that wrinkle easily and for formal wear. We'll be carrying ours on for our upcoming cruise so we can send our formal wear to the drycleaners right away. Plus, that way I can have a skirt for the first night's dinner, just in case.

We always use a garment bag. We iron everything before hand and put a plastic dry cleaning bag over each item. We get on the cruise everything in the garment bag is already on hangers, ironed, each in individual dry cleaning bags and best of all no wrinkles!!

I cruise with a large wheeled garment bag and wheeled duffle. I agree with the above posters. I pack in dry cleaner bags and rarely are there any wrinkles. Unpacking is a breeze.

I have used a garment bag for many years; I have two different sizes- the choice is determined by the length of time that I will be away.

Hope we have helped.

Enjoy your vacation.

Archived