Aft RCCL Radiance VS Aft Summit?

Tanker

We had the pleasure of experiencing our first aft cabin on the Jewel and fell in love with aft cabins! I am in the planning stages of our 2007 Alaska cruise and we have decided to "jump ship" to Celebrity. Can anyone compare the two aft cabins balconies? On the Radiance class ship you can stand at the railing and see to the sides - can you do that on the Summit or does the family suite (it looks like it sticks out) block your view? What deck is the best?

Thanks for any help! It's wonderful to have these boards!

Tanker

I can't speak for the aft cabins but I can speak for the difference in service. We took Jewel to the Baltic two years ago and although we enjoyed it, we definitely didn't have the class of service we had with Celebrity. Absolutely no comparison. If you are going to spring for Alaska, you will love Celebrity...only one problem though - older crowd. The Jewel was great and we actually enjoyed everything even the food, which is usually completely different. So it really depends on whether you and yours are willing to deal with an older crowd. If you aren't that picky about food and such then go with rccl you'll have more fun.

We too have sailed in an aft aboard the Jewel... note pictures below. We have also sailed a corner aft aboard the Millennium (sorry no pictures) in a Family View as well as an aft aboard the Infinity in Concierge Class...

The corner aft aboard the Millennium class ships just doesn't compare to Jewel. They are so much better aboard the Millennium class ships. You can see forward, aft, and have a balcony that measure well over 20 x 10! Much much larger than the Jewel.

The regular concierge aft has wonderful panoramic views of the aft... and again the balconies are much larger than the aft aboard the Jewel.

Please note in my signature that I have links to both the aft aboard the Infinity (Millennium class) and aboard the Jewel!

Enjoy...

Thanks so much for the pictures and the reassurance. We not real big "party" folks, so I'm not to worried about an older crowd. All I want is to be able to see Alaska and be pampered! Celebrity sounds like the way to go! We're really excited because my brother lives near Anchorage. Next will be to convince him he needs to come with us.

Thanks again for your help.

When we were in the aft Concierge Class last August, we were sailing to Alaska as well...

Having an aft for this specific itinerary is wonderful. Not only do you have cover for those rainy days (and it can be quite rainy as we experienced), but you also have a large uncovered area for lying in the sun... so the best of all worlds! And of course whether it is raining or sunny, the aft view is the best by far especially as you cruise through the inside passage with land on both sides of the ship... breathtaking!

Archived