Pacific Sky CruiseCam

PerthSkyCruiser

Ans, I thought the same thing until I realised they're 4 hours behind us. See they're anchored there now.

Have you decided which tours you'll do yet. Sarah did a great job online on Sat. with the prices of the tours.:) At least you know beforehand what the costs will be:D (check out Bangkok's overnight price!!).

kerri

Ans, I thought the same thing until I realised they're 4 hours behind us. See they're anchored there now.

Have you decided which tours you'll do yet. Sarah did a great job online on Sat. with the prices of the tours.:) At least you know beforehand what the costs will be:D (check out Bangkok's overnight price!!).

kerri

Hi Kerri, very glad to see they made it to Koh Samui... Was getting a tad concerned this morning :D .

Yes, Sarah certainly went out of her way to post those tour costs. In Koh Samui we might do the Swim & Snorkel, and then explore Chaweng Beach by ourselves. I guess that's a very popular tour so might sell out very quickly. Otherwise we'll just go ashore in Koh Samui and see what's on offer locally. Never having been to Koh Samui (or anywhere else in Thailand & Malaysia), everything will be new and interesting anyway.

In Bangkok we've booked the Novotel Siam Square, will visit a few sights such as Jim Thompson house, go on a dinner cruise and just explore the city. We might get together with some others on board and book a van through one of the Bangkok websites for transport from the port to and from Bangkok.

All the Kuantan tours sound interesting. Again, we might just do our own thing or perhaps take one of the local tours with others from the ship.

How about you. Have you decided on any tours yet?

Being on this board has been absolutely invaluable and I'm very grateful for all the input from other cruisers.

Ans

Hi Ans, we're looking at Koh Samui Is Disc. & Elephant Trek or the Swim & Snorkel. Bangkok - not too sure yet. I guess I'm waiting to see what Sarah's and everyone elses responses are to staying in Bangkok overnight and whether they could get into Bangkok via P&O buses. Had a look at the dinner cruise you recommended to Sarah and it looks very good. In Kuantan the Swiss Garden Resort looks good. In KL will look at doing the KL Discovery tour, Phuket - Phi Phi isl. Penang - not sure yet but would like to finish it off with Happy Hour in Penang (DH's birthday that day so would be good way to end the day). Langkawi - Island Hopping or Puala Payar, not sure yet. Of course any of these could change, depending of other cruisers recommendations or avoidances.

You're lucky, there's a few of you going on the 11th isn't there. Have you made arrangements to meet up. Wonder if Sarah and Aussieguy eventually met up??

We'll be in Singapore by the time you get back home. It's really getting exciting now. Got your cases out yet?? lol lol

I couldn't agree with you more, this board has been 'absolutely invaluable'. I have gained a lot of great info from everyone who contributes to this wonderful board.

Kerri

Anyone wanting a transfer to from bangkok try :

http://www.asia-discovery.com

I got a transfer for 8 people for only A$150.Have used this company before on a previous visit to bangkok for a River Kwai tour and was very happy with the service.:)

They tell me the trip can be from 2 - 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic.

Don't know how P&O can justify the overnight price.:eek:

Hi Ans, we're looking at Koh Samui Is Disc. & Elephant Trek or the Swim & Snorkel. Bangkok - not too sure yet. I guess I'm waiting to see what Sarah's and everyone elses responses are to staying in Bangkok overnight and whether they could get into Bangkok via P&O buses. Had a look at the dinner cruise you recommended to Sarah and it looks very good. In Kuantan the Swiss Garden Resort looks good. In KL will look at doing the KL Discovery tour, Phuket - Phi Phi isl. Penang - not sure yet but would like to finish it off with Happy Hour in Penang (DH's birthday that day so would be good way to end the day). Langkawi - Island Hopping or Puala Payar, not sure yet. Of course any of these could change, depending of other cruisers recommendations or avoidances.

We'll be in Singapore by the time you get back home. It's really getting exciting now. Got your cases out yet?? lol lol

Kerri

Hi Kerri, no wonder you're excited - so many places to look forward to, both east and west coasts. How nice to celebrate hubby's birthday in Penang, makes for a special day! Like you, we're waiting for feedback about tours etc.

You are fortunate to have two weeks on board, so much less packing and unpacking. We've got our cases out and have done a 'dummy run' packing. After the cruise we fly to Phuket for a week with Tiger Airways and as we're only allowed 15 kg luggage each we'll be leaving our suitcase (with 'cruise' clothes) in Singapore and travelling 'light' with only two cabin bags. Well, that's the plan anyway :) .

Still no tickets, but too busy to worry about it!

Ans

Hi Kerri, no wonder you're excited - so many places to look forward to, both east and west coasts. How nice to celebrate hubby's birthday in Penang, makes for a special day! Like you, we're waiting for feedback about tours etc.

You are fortunate to have two weeks on board, so much less packing and unpacking. We've got our cases out and have done a 'dummy run' packing. After the cruise we fly to Phuket for a week with Tiger Airways and as we're only allowed 15 kg luggage each we'll be leaving our suitcase (with 'cruise' clothes) in Singapore and travelling 'light' with only two cabin bags. Well, that's the plan anyway :) .

Still no tickets, but too busy to worry about it!

Ans

Tiger are very strict on their 15kg policy too. We flew with them in August and had to pay excess baggage charges worked out about $3/kg then.Great flying at the price otherwise.

Ans how are you getting into Bangkok? Also the Sky should be leaving Koh Samui now. How smooth does that water look!!

Am going to look at the link published above (asia-discovery). Sounds very good. I don't think that the P&O transport will be cheaper - now just have to gather 6 others to make up the 8 passengers!

Wow, the sea looks very smooth, just as I like it.... (not a very good sailor I'm afraid). Will keep checking skycam tonight. Isn't it amazing that they'll already be in Bangkok tomorrow. It's frightening just how quickly time passes by. I hope they're enjoying every minute and that it feels a bit longer to them :eek: .

Anyone wanting a transfer to from bangkok try :

http://www.asia-discovery.com

I got a transfer for 8 people for only A$150.Have used this company before on a previous visit to bangkok for a River Kwai tour and was very happy with the service.:)

They tell me the trip can be from 2 - 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic.

Don't know how P&O can justify the overnight price.:eek:

Many thanks for that link. Was this a one-way or return trip? If you're leaving in 12 days, you must be on the same cruise. Would love to meet up. We're on Dolphin deck. Do you know your cabin number yet?

Ans

Price was return i think it was about 200 baht ($7) cheaper each way for a six seater if thats any help.

Yes we are on the same cruise and flight (singapore am saturday Ex perth) Baja deck.

Your time in phuket after cruise should be great. visited in August can't wait for our one day stop.

Tiger are very strict on their 15kg policy too. We flew with them in August and had to pay excess baggage charges worked out about $3/kg then.Great flying at the price otherwise.

Yes, have heard this too and will just have to make sure DH doesn't take too many clothes :p .

Did you fly with them from Singapore to Phuket? Am dreading their very early morning flight (7:05am). Probably have to leave the hotel by 4:30am. As you say, their fares are very low, and we'll probably get used to very little sleep on the cruise :D .

Ans

Yes we flew with them to phuket from Singapore then flew with thai to bangkok and on to Chiang Mai and returned with tiger to Singapore. We stayed in Changi village (closest hotel to airport) and left around 5:30 taxi driver was doing about 110 no traffic on the road at that time.

Yes we flew with them to phuket from Singapore then flew with thai to bangkok and on to Chiang Mai and returned with tiger to Singapore. We stayed in Changi village (closest hotel to airport) and left around 5:30 taxi driver was doing about 110 no traffic on the road at that time.

We're staying at the Carlton, a hotel recommended by the TA when we booked the cruise last year. At this time we had not arranged the Tiger Airways flight yet. Otherwise I'd have picked a closer hotel as well! I guess the Carlton can advise us which time we should head off for the airport. In Phuket we booked at a Nai Yang hotel for our final night to be close to the airport for theTiger return flight at 8:00.

Ans

No we have not had our tickets turn up yet have been onto TA and they have said that P&O have had a backlog and other clients that were on prior cruises did not receive tickets until about 1 week before Although we are in perth and P&O only use snail mail.:confused:

Price was return i think it was about 200 baht ($7) cheaper each way for a six seater if thats any help.

Yes we are on the same cruise and flight (singapore am saturday Ex perth) Baja deck.

Your time in phuket after cruise should be great. visited in August can't wait for our one day stop.

Thanks for the information about transfer. Only one more weekend to go!Are you travelling in a group of 8 from Perth?

Ans

Archived