Well, Well, Well, re kids dining

rockie

I was going to post under the Star Review thread but thought I would start a new one. I just rang P&O Auckland and asked about the kids dining time. They said, "Yes, there was at 4.45pm. I then said that I 'knew' people that had been on the Star and there was definatly not any when they went and the kids were at the adults dining. She got in touch with P&O Australia and they told her that there was no kids dining and they were trying to seat all the kids at the first sitting. P&O Auckland are wild as they have been promoting cruising on the Star as the way to go and pushing the seperate kids dining so their whole office is now in an uproar down there and they are going to look into it. I told her that you guys hadn't been told otherwise when you booked and it was only when you got onboard that you found out and also that when some in Oz had rung P&O Oz they had been told that there WAS a kids dining. The Auckland office have said this is not acceptable. If I hadn't rung them today they would not have known. BUT P&O Oz are only now telling them there is no seperate dining time. What is P&O Oz telling people now. Can someone ring them over your side and see what they say.

You just have to laugh at this. No one seems to know what the other is doing.

I suppose you have read my thread also on meal times. P and O told me matter of factly that there is only 2 meal times on the sun..

maybe they should come here and read the boards so they can get their facts straight

Hi

I have had my travel agent ring P & O and then a little later I rang to confirm and was told that there is NO kids dining and that they were trying to get kids to eat at first sitting. Also told that if in the future kid numbers warrant separate dining it may be reinstated. I have added the email quote from P & O below.

"It is true, twe have presently stopped the childrens dinner (on the Pacific Star) however weare trying to get those families with children to eat at the first sitting dinner. If we find we have too many we MAY try to have a 5pm extra sitting for children (like we have on the Pacific Sun)however at this stage no."

Cheers Rach

Hi

I have had my travel agent ring P & O and then a little later I rang to confirm and was told that there is NO kids dining and that they were trying to get kids to eat at first sitting. Also told that if in the future kid numbers warrant separate dining it may be reinstated. I have added the email quote from P & O below.

"It is true, twe have presently stopped the childrens dinner (on the Pacific Star) however weare trying to get those families with children to eat at the first sitting dinner. If we find we have too many we MAY try to have a 5pm extra sitting for children (like we have on the Pacific Sun)however at this stage no."

Cheers Rach

All I can say is we need cruisers power I have written To have my say.

Mum being a diabetic only likes early meal and many others are early eaters and with these numbers we may-be able to change this stupid action.

I would love to now the reason for the change?

It's pity they hadn't told the travel agents here in NZ.

How do we get P&O to change. If they don't take any notice of emails, is there another way. Unless we lull them into a false sense of reading the emails with a lot of niceites then put a big BUT!!!!!

We don't have kids but we are (mid 40's) early to bed, early to rise types and booked first seating. Is there anyway we can request a table with only other adults? Or if kids are seaated with their parents, does P&O try to sit one family with another family. I have never spent much time around kids, and prefer conversing with adults.

Archived