Which ultimate?

skyview851

Galaxy is doing 2 different "ultimate carribean" cruises next Jan. Which one would you pick & why? All of the ports are new to us, and the ship will be the same, so help me pick! One is an 11 day, the other a 10 day.

#1: Aruba, Curacao, Margarita Island, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Kitts, & Tortola, BVI

#2: Tortola, BVI, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Margarita Island, Curacao, Aruba

The only difference I see is Dominica and St Kitts vs St Maarten. If I have my choice I'd go number 1. St Maarten is usually very crowded. St Kitts is great and I have yetto go to Dominica, but I have hear wonderful things about it.

You really can't go wrong with either.

I agree, I see little difference in the itineraries other than what was previously mentioned. I'm sure you would have a great time on either cruise. If time off from work is a consideration you should check the dates of the cruises. In most cases 10 days cruises sail from Friday to Monday and require taking off 7 working days. 11 day cruises usually sail Monday to Friday and entail taking a full 2 weeks off from work.

Galaxy is doing 2 different "ultimate carribean" cruises next Jan. Which one would you pick & why? All of the ports are new to us, and the ship will be the same, so help me pick! One is an 11 day, the other a 10 day.

#1: Aruba, Curacao, Margarita Island, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Kitts, & Tortola, BVI

#2: Tortola, BVI, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Margarita Island, Curacao, Aruba

Hi Sky !

Jerry and Rick made excellent comments. However, if all things were equal for you, I would go with itinerary # 1.

Enjoy your cruise !

I appreciate the insight. I wanted to make sure that one of these ports wasn't a casa de campo clone. If I'm going for a port intensive cruise, I at least want good ports. Now if the good cabins will stay open until we cruise in April, so that I can book onboard & get the credit!

We are booked for cruise #1 next February and are looking forward to it.

As far as your Dominica concerns. I've been there and didn't love the island. I didn't hate it either though, I guess it just depends on what you like. I've also been to Casa de Campo and didn't like it at all. The beaches in Dominica aren't beautiful but there is a nice (easy) hike to a beautiful waterfall and lots of jungle areas to explore. I picked this cruise over nearly the same cruise on Royal Caribbean leaving the exact same day. DH and I haven't decided if we are going to get off the boat in Dominica or not, we may do a spa day that day. I've heard from people who absolutely love Dominica, it just wasn't our cup of tea so to speak. I'd say as long as you aren't expecting Aruba or Barbados you'll be fine. Dominica is a lot like Belize as far as the landscape goes, except it is more mountainous. Most of it is covered in rain forest. They have a lot of "active" type tours there (kayaking, scuba, biking, hiking etc....) DH and I aren't in to that, we are more about relaxing (hey, we are on vacation! LOL) The Emerald Pool is pretty though, although the day we were there last time it was crowded. Like I said, I don't like the place but I don't not like it either.

I've heard that Tortola isn't visited by very many cruise ships so that was a plus for us to choose this cruise, I think the RCCL one offered Antigua instead.

Hope this helps!

You can alway put down a deposit on a cabin you want now to hold it. Book onboard to get OBC. Then give your agent both booking numbers and have them cancel the first booking and transfer the cabin to your booking with the OBC.

Is Celebrity ok with doing that & isn't it a lot of work for your TA? It is a tempting idea, 'cause I really want one of those suites on 12....hmmmmm

You can alway put down a deposit on a cabin you want now to hold it. Book onboard to get OBC. Then give your agent both booking numbers and have them cancel the first booking and transfer the cabin to your booking with the OBC.

I did this ONCE and lost my original cabin (that I loved) during the transfer.

Archived