Car Rental in Hawaii

cruiselover20

There are many threads about car rental in the "Hawaii" forum on these boards. You will find a wealth of information there.

I rented through Thrifty at every port with good results. All the major car companies have shuttles that run from the port to their office. Most ports were very close (5-10mins).

It is a good idea to join their "club", such as Blue Chip with Thrifty. Our paperwork was ready when we got to the office so it was a 5 minute transaction and we were on our way.

With Thrifty,only Hilo was at the airport. The others are close to the airport but in an off-site location. It is a good idea to pay attention where you are going so you don't waste time looking for it when you are trying to return the car:eek: (this is from experience)

I think Hertz and National are both right at the airport in each location. We didn't rent a car in Kona but I have read that there is a hotel near the port that is a better option than the airport.

To put a picture next to your name, click on User CP at the top of this screen. There are generic avatars available or you can put in your own. I use avatarity.com for mine. You need to resize it to 80x80 pixels. I am not very computer literate but was able to figure it out after some trial and error! The link below might be able to help--

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=292831

hello,

While it was a number of years ago, we had very good service from Avis in Hawaii. And the other respondents have given you excellent advice, especially to join a frequent renter program such as the Hertz #1 or National's Emerald program.

Hope that you have a great cruise,

Fred

Archived