Celebrity Flora

tropical dreams

I am looking for anyone who has sailed the Galapagos on the Flora. How do the shore excursions work? Do you have to sign up like a regular cruise and is there a chance you could be closed out of a tour? We are trying to choose between the Flora and the Isabela II. Any other input would be welcomed.

My family was on the Flora in 2019.  The only excursions I remember that were capacity controlled were the kayak.  The evening before the kayak excursions they requested people to signup following the evening meeting where they previewed the next day activities.

The ship is wonderful and the staff were very attentive.  We had our favorite naturalist but a reasonable person can make do with any of the naturalists.

My family really enjoyed out time on Flora and still talk about it to this day.

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, tropical dreams said:

I am looking for anyone who has sailed the Galapagos on the Flora. How do the shore excursions work? Do you have to sign up like a regular cruise and is there a chance you could be closed out of a tour? We are trying to choose between the Flora and the Isabela II. Any other input would be welcomed.

We just returned from the Flora.  Typically there are morning excursions and afternoon excursions (with a possible deep water snorkel in between).  For the am/pm excursions you typically have 3 to choose from which range from a longer walk/hike, a shorter walk/hike, or a tender ride.  You meet in the Discovery Lounge the evening before (7pm-ish) and they describe the options.  Immediately after, you then can sign up for what you want.  There isn't a limit on most - except for some kayak options since they have limited kayaks.  The deep water snorkels had no limit either.  We never had any issue signing up for what we wanted, and you can change your decision later on (just go down to the guest relations person and tell them).