Galaxy Panama Canal Review- 2-13- long

mam11

Margie,

I also figured the man with us was Oscar, as that's what he told us. My point was that this other passenger that I spoke to later that evening (who was not with us on our trip), told me he spent the afternoon with Oscar Brown (and mentioned how great the whole thing was...). So unless our Oscar scooted back & forth between tours, I don't believe that both tours could have had the same individual as their tour guide. Doesn't really matter though, as everyone had a great time, so as long as everyone was happy, it was no big deal.

I agree that there is something going on regarding the animal sanctuary.

In December we toured with Charlie Soto (HIGHLY recommend him) and had a fabulous time. We did the ziplining, canal boat trip, and the banana plantation (far more interesting than expected). We stopped at a beautiful beach with a restaurant, but Charlie had invited the whole group to lunch and cake to celebrate his son’s 3rd birthday so we did not stay to eat. After the birthday party we were taken to a local grocery store for an opportunity to purchase coffee. It was a fun-filled day and we were very satisfied with our tour.

We had also expected to go to the animal sanctuary and our daughters were disappointed when they heard we would not be stopping. I asked our guide Carlos (Charlie was with the non-ziplining half of the group in another van) why we were not going to the animal sanctuary. He said that it had recently been discovered that the sanctuary was not really a sanctuary and that as a local tour operator they did not want to support an enterprise that misrepresented itself.

We spoke with others from the ship that had gone to the sanctuary, so it definitely was open.

I'll throw in a couple of comments.

The Mayan ruins at Costa Maya, with Ivan, were really outstanding. And Ivan provided info I don't believe would have been available from a ships tour.

I went to the Financial Guy's first lecture, and took my wife to the next 3 or 4, whatever we ended up having. Thought he was completely down to earth, knowledgeable, and open. Glad we didn't miss it.

Hi all, considering sailing on Galaxy later this year and wondering about the cost of the thalassotherapy Pool, whether or not there were packages available, etc. DH and I spend most of our time either on deck or in the spa on sea days...any info is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sailed Galaxy 3/9 and paid for the t-pool, it was $120 for an 11 night cruise - $20 per day. I used it almost every day, it was wonderful!!! They did offer it 2 days for $20 the last few days so you may find its cheaper to just pay when you'll use it. Wish I was soaking in it now!

Archived