COVID testing - how do they count days pre cruise?

Named-Tawny

Hello Friends!

So currently (and yes, I know it could change at any time) NCL for European departures, requires a COVID test taken within three days of the start of the cruise.  Does anybody know how those days are counted?

ie - does the departure day itself count?  Do they go by hours or calendar days?

eg: If I have a cruise departing at 4pm on the 25th, and I check in at noon, does the three days

i) Count 72 hours from departure (so I'd have to take it after 4pm on the 22nd)

ii) Count 72 hours from check in (so I'd have to take it after noon on the 22nd)
iii) Just count three days including departure day (so I'd have to take it anytime on or after the 23rd)
iv) Count three days prior to departure day (so I'd have to take it anytime on or after the 22nd)
v) something else entirely?

Has anybody heard anything concrete about how they calculate 'three days before'?

Thank you!

Edited by Named-Tawny

6 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

Thank you!  So it looks like option iv.  That's fantastic - means I can test before I fly.

Here is NCL’s recommendations to check for yourself. It’s pretty well spelled out. Have wonderful cruise and we Love the NCL Star she is old but the size is perfect🙂

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/do-i-need-take-covid-19-test-prior-arrival-terminal

Edited by cmjars